Milky Way's black hole: How do I find out in what direction the energy from its poles is streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ufcarazy

Milky Way's black hole:  How do I find out in what direction the energy from its poles is streaming?

S

Saiph

<p>At the moment (in astronomical terms meaning in the last hundred million...maybe even a billion years) the MW's core BH is 'inactive' and isn't doing much at all.&nbsp;&nbsp; It does have a little activity though, but I don't know if there are any distinct energy jets comming from it.</p><p>If there are, they'll be directed along the spin axis of the BH.&nbsp; Which, if I had to guess would be more or less aligned with the galaxy's axis...so aimed towards the galactic north and south poles.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Why? </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

U

ufcarazy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>At the moment (in astronomical terms meaning in the last hundred million...maybe even a billion years) the MW's core BH is 'inactive' and isn't doing much at all.&nbsp;&nbsp; It does have a little activity though, but I don't know if there are any distinct energy jets comming from it.If there are, they'll be directed along the spin axis of the BH.&nbsp; Which, if I had to guess would be more or less aligned with the galaxy's axis...so aimed towards the galactic north and south poles.&nbsp;Why? <br /> Posted by Saiph</DIV></p><p>Thanks.&nbsp; I lost a disagreement with a friend. </p>

S

Saiph

oh? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

B

Boris_Badenov

<p><font size="2"><font size="2">This</font>&nbsp;poster will help you find where the Sol System is in relation to the Galactic Center & how we are oriented in relation to the Galactic Plane.</font></p><font size="2"><p><font size="2"><font size="2">This</font> web page should be of help as well.</font></p></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts