Milky Way's seasonal transition captured in gorgeous night sky photo

A starry night scene captured at the end of summer from the Dark Sky Alqueva reserve in Portugal shows the Milky Way's galactic arc shimmering above a dead tree in Noudar Park.

Milky Way's seasonal transition captured in gorgeous night sky photo : Read more

Excellent dark sky and video too. I was out last night under the stars using my 10-inch Newtonian telescope on my horse pasture, a small farming area with no lights around. Clear skies and temperatures -5C. Lovely views of Orion, Canis Major, Puppis, Lepus, etc. M79 globular cluster, NGC 2362 star cluster with Tau Canis Majoris, M93, M50, etc. I can still see M41 and M35 in Gemini with unaided eyes so limiting magnitude stars about +5.5 or so. However, nothing like this video and dark sky sight. The heavens declare the glory of God as David said in the Psalms (19). I really enjoy being able to view from a more rural area with little or no lights around, just large fields and woods. When I came back in 3 hours later, the wood burning stove sure felt good :)

Latest posts