My Big Bang Theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer0333

It is said that the universal law of nature is that nothing last forever. Not stars, planets, rocks, life, and all other material in the universal. It is also said that energy can never be created or destroyed. It can only be converted to another type of enegy or material. If that is so, then one has to combine both laws and see that not even the universe it self will last forever. Now with this in mind, the universe must sooner or later destroy it's self too. I have always heard that the universe is constantly expanding outward in all directions from the epicenter of the exact location of where the Big Bang happened. Now i ask that sense the universe is expanding constantly. Why not add on to the my theory that the universe will stretch it's self past it's limits, and then break apart. Now if it breaks apart " atom by atom", this would give truth to the theory that the universe in it's infancy was just a cloud of unorganized gas that eventually came to one point and condensed so much that it exploded shooting out every thing which is the universe as we see it today. But if all this is true, then that means the universe recycles it self by always breaking apart when it stretches too far, and then coming back together atom by atom. This means that there could have been many previous universes before the one we live in now. It's kinda like adding the entire universe into the circle of life sort of speak. Meaning that the cycle is ever going and never stopping. Please just think about it. I think it makes perfect sense. <br /><br />Any comments, please reply. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

P

pyoko

I've thought along the same lines as you do, and I admit it is a very attractive concept to think of the Universe as being cyclic. ie. It expands, lives, comes together again, and a new Universe forms. Evidence tells us that this isn't happening, since it's an open universe, and there is a yet unknown force/ mass/ energy that is expanding the universe faster than we think it ought to.<br /><br />Something to think of is that while the Universe is expanding, galaxies and bodies remain relatively compact. The atoms in our bodies arent getting further away from each other. Not sure how the expanding Universe will affect us, or itself.<br /><br />In fact, this is where my mind draws a blank =) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="color:#ff9900" class="Apple-style-span">-pyoko</span> <span style="color:#333333" class="Apple-style-span">the</span> <span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span">duck </span></p><p><span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="color:#808080;font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.</span></span></p> </div>

M

mooware

<font color="yellow"> Why not add on to the my theory that the universe will stretch it's self past it's limits,</font><br /><br />"The" Theory, or "Your" Theory?<br /><br />In any event, there isn't enough matter in the universe for it to pull its self back together. It will continue to expand until it becomes very dark and very cold.<br />

J

jatslo

"...<font color="orange">Why not add on to the my theory that the universe will stretch it's self past it's limits</font>.."<br /><br />Why do you think that there is a limiting defector?<br /><br />

P

pioneer0333

The limiting factor is the amount of matter in the universe. It is said that energy or matter can not be created or destroyed, just converted from already present materials. So eventually there will not be enough matter causing universe to over stretch it's self. I think that when this happens everything will return to absolute singularity. Meaning the breaking of every atomic bond in every sector of the universe. But this is just a theory,and humans will never survive long enough to see. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jatslo

How do you feel about infinite masses of matter -(m), as in E = ( c <sub>v</sub> + c <sub>i</sub> ) <sup>2</sup>, where -(E) = Infinite Energy; -(m) = Infinite Mass; -( c <sub>v</sub> ) = 186,000 Mile Per Hour (MPH); -( c <sub>i</sub> ) = Infinite MPH ? In this case there should be ample matter and energy to carry on. Humanity can solve their own problems, and our continued existence is one of them.

A

astromad

"... Meaning the breaking of every atomic bond in every sector of the universe."<br /><br />What will cause the break up of the atomic bonds?<br />In an expanding universe the objects(eg galaxies) are generally moving away from each other. However that doesn't mean that every atom is moving away from each other too. There will still be gravitational forces which will for example still hold the planets and the asteroids together unless they are acted upon by other forces.

5stone10

<font color="yellow">"The" Theory, or "Your" Theory?</font><br /><br /><br />Calling Anne Elk and her Dinosaur theory !! />>><br /><br />"Elk: All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end. That is the theory that I have and which is mine, and what it is too." <br /><br />http://humorlinks.com/python/sketches/TheDinosaurSketch.htm

N

nexium

Your hypothesis is almost as good as variations which are mainstream. There is a shortage of compelling evidence for each hypothesis and none deserve the title therory in my opinion. ie the epicenter of the big bang is everywhere in the universe which has neither center nor an edge in most popular hypothesis.<br />The repeated big crunch, big bang, big crunch hypothesis had many followers 50 years ago, but few mainsteam followers in recent years. Neil

E

etch

Fascinating topic and mind excersize to try and imagine the edge of the universe. I have greater hope for humanity's survival if the universe expands infinitely. I believe that even at a time when new stars fail to form and the space between galactic clusters has reached unimaginable distances, we will find ways to build planets or even create solar systems to extend our time in existence.

A

astromad

When the distances between clusters and any astronomical objects are so great that it is dark, cold and lonely, and we are still around to see that,then we would already be quite experienced with dealing with cosmic disasters. Our sun would have been reduced to a dim cold dwarf, and we would surely have tried our hands at fighting a few asteroids and maybe even stars heading our way. So it is highly likely, that if we manage to survive till that time, we would surely find ways to survive a bit more.

V

vogon13

In an even more distant epoch, perhaps the sons of Adam will define death as the point at which your thoughts repeat because all posible original thoughts have already been perceived. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

T

telescopewizard

We are all trying to contemplate the workings of the universe when we have not even sent a manned mission to anything beyond the Moon. <br /><br />Let humanity get out there to really study things and then lets try to figure it out...<br /><br />For now the only big bang I look forward to is from my wife.<br />

A

ambellina

So energy can never be created or destroyed, but only converted to another type of energy or material. Light is energy right? What if the initial big bang really was set off by a higher power with the simple words "let there be light"?

P

pioneer0333

Well I think of it like this. God is real, the spirit is real, and life is real. I'm not here to judge that. But every thing works for some reason, everything happens for some reason. And all I want to know is "how does it work". Not why does it work.<br /><br /> Sit, think, and discover. That's what I do. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

newtonian

pioneer0333 - Well, I want to know both how, why, when, etc.!<br /><br />I believe Jehovah is God (Psalms 83:18, King James Version = AV). the name Jehovah is derived from the Hebrew verb "to be" in the causative sense and one definiton is: "He causes to be." {Another definition is: He accomplishes what he purposes}<br /><br />That harmonizes with the scientific observation that everything proceeds according to cause and effect - but this specifices a First Cause rather than the other scientific alternative: infinite past causes and effects.<br /><br />Isaiah 40:26 (compare context, notably verse 22 concerning our universe stretching out like a fine gauze) links the existence of stars to God's energy (actually in plural in Hebrew - i.e. more than one form of energy.)<br /><br />That harmonizes with scientific observations confirming only energy was present at the origin (creation) of our universe, not matter.<br /><br />We are only recently discovering the laws governing our universe, the statutes of the heavens:<br /><br />(Job 38:31-33) 31 Can you tie fast the bonds of the Ki´mah constellation, Or can you loosen the very cords of the Ke´sil constellation? 32 Can you bring forth the Maz´za·roth constellation in its appointed time? And as for the Ash constellation alongside its sons, can you conduct them? 33 Have you come to know the statutes of the heavens, Or could you put its authority in the earth?<br /><br />(Job 26:7) . . .He is stretching out the north over the empty place, Hanging the earth upon nothing;<br /><br />(Isaiah 40:22) . . .There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts