My Plan for the Development of Extra-solar Commerce & Habitation Part 1

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danhezee

<p><font size="2">You should have a website explaining what RFCINco does and who everyone is. Ohh and the website needs to explain what RFCINco means.&nbsp; </font></p><p><font size="2">here are two examples of startup website's management sections:</font></p><p><font size="2">http://www.nft-llc.com/about.php?section=management</font></p><p><font size="2">http://www.arcmailtech.com/company/leadershipteam.php</font></p><p><font size="2">&nbsp;</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>There are certainly a lot of coincidences then.&nbsp; Your last post, prior to this one was on the same day, 8/7/08, that night_shadow -1 made his first post,&nbsp; No posts from you on an idea that I would think might have interested you until this one.&nbsp; A very similar mode of expression.&nbsp;No posts from you&nbsp;in any thread while there was obviously a great deal of time spent in composing the posts&nbsp;made by&nbsp;night_shadow_1.&nbsp; <br />Posted by DrRocket</DIV><br /><br />Merely coincidence.&nbsp; I have been too busy to play in the forums lately, but I will be back with an anouncement soon. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

N

night_shadow_1

&nbsp;&nbsp; It is an unfortunate thing when a site that is directed towards the forefront of space exploration has so many individuals with the mindset that if you don't have massive amounts of $ to throw away you can't in any way possibly be involved in the progress of the potential industry it has to offer. I hope one day you all will come to your senses and learn to cooperate and be supportive for others that try to help advance new ideas. Until then, I'm going to take my company, ideas and support for progress somewhere else. You all make me sad to be a part of the human species. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> The only permanently sustainable habitat for life is a mobile one. </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;&nbsp; It is an unfortunate thing when a site that is directed towards the forefront of space exploration has so many individuals with the mindset that if you don't have massive amounts of $ to throw away you can't in any way possibly be involved in the progress of the potential industry it has to offer. I hope one day you all will come to your senses and learn to cooperate and be supportive for others that try to help advance new ideas. Until then, I'm going to take my company, ideas and support for progress somewhere else. You all make me sad to be a part of the human species. <br />Posted by night_shadow_1</DIV><br /><br />Some of us are pragmatists as well. Ideas are great. Ideas that can be accomplished take more time and effort.</p><p>If you can't defend your ideas here in what is basically a friendly, supportive, if realistic forum, how do you think they will fare out in the real world where 95% of the world doesn't care in the slightest bit about space exploration.</p><p>Picking up your marbles and going home is a winpy way out, IMHO.</p><p>Besides, you haven't made a single post in this thread to reply to any of the comments since your original post almost 2 months ago.</p><p>So you haven't even tried to engage in the conversation about your ideas.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

V

vattas

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Besides, you haven't made a single post in this thread to reply to any of the comments since your original post almost 2 months ago.So you haven't even tried to engage in the conversation about your ideas. </DIV></p><p>He did reply. But deleted his posts later. There weren't any direct answers to direct questions anyway...</p>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;&nbsp; It is an unfortunate thing when a site that is directed towards the forefront of space exploration has so many individuals with the mindset that if you don't have massive amounts of $ to throw away you can't in any way possibly be involved in the progress of the potential industry it has to offer. I hope one day you all will come to your senses and learn to cooperate and be supportive for others that try to help advance new ideas. Until then, I'm going to take my company, ideas and support for progress somewhere else. You all make me sad to be a part of the human species. <br /> Posted by night_shadow_1</DIV></p><p>I once worked with a guy that was extremely intelligent.&nbsp; Well, there are a lot of those.&nbsp; Anyway, I'll never forget a conversation we had.</p><p>We had just gotten through with a meeting concerning some new technology.&nbsp; Half the people were sort of fired up about it and the other half were sort of on the "Where's the catch?" side.&nbsp; I was of the latter, he was of the former.&nbsp; He started making suggestions about what could be done with it, how it could be used, how it would be useful, etc... We went back and forth concerning the specifics and I, being a detail oriented person, had a lot of unanswered questions. Finally, we got towards the end-run of the conversation and after about 50 bajillion suggestions by my coworker of what to do with this new tech, he said </p><p>"You know what I'd really like to do?&nbsp; I'd like to sit in an office all day and just come up with ideas.&nbsp; Then, I'd have a staff of people under me I'd hand those ideas off to and they'd make them work!&nbsp; Wouldn't that be awesome? !!" </p><p>...</p><p>He doesn't work there anymore.&nbsp; Somehow, he couldn't get past the pressure of not only thinking about new ideas but then actually having to try to make them work.</p><p>That's the problem you are running up against.&nbsp; You're encountering the same issues my coworker (and friend, btw) had.&nbsp; You have all these ideas and think they're great.&nbsp; That's wonderful and I would be the last person to say that inspiration and passion aren't needed.&nbsp; But, you also need to make them work.&nbsp; </p><p>It isn't enough to come up with ideas.&nbsp; That does absolutely nothing except provide a spark.&nbsp; What you <u>must</u> do is learn how to turn that spark into a fire.&nbsp; For that, you need plain old fashioned wood.&nbsp; IOW, you need work.&nbsp; You need blood, sweat and tears.&nbsp; You need to provide the answers for the questions your idea will confront.&nbsp; You need to not only convince yourself of the legitimacy of your ideas but, you must convince the pessimists as well.&nbsp; All too frequently, they are the ones with the pocketbooks and the power and there is a reason why that is so - They have the critical issues that make ideas work already firmly in hand.&nbsp; They will be looking for them.&nbsp; They won't ask you nor will they care what color you are using to paint your new idea.&nbsp; They'll ask you how it's built. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>He did reply. But deleted his posts later. There weren't any direct answers to direct questions anyway... <br />Posted by vattas</DIV><br /><br />Pretty gutless then. That's REALLY taking your marbles and going home. </p><p>I was able to read through them looking at the quoted text.</p><p>I thought there were some good thoughtful responses trying to get at the meat in his scattershot dreamy approach. He appeared not to want to take the time to defend or flesh out his ideas. Oh well...</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts