Mysterious New "Dark Flow" Discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xXTheOneRavenXx

<p>I read this article: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/080923-dark-flows.html and thought maybe someone could shed a little light on how big these objects of "matter" are, and how scientists can "conclude" what's beyond the known universe if no one on earth has ever seen it. </p><p>"<font><font><font face="arial" size="2"><font face="arial">In these regions, space-time might be very different, and likely doesn't contain stars and galaxies (which only formed because of the particular density pattern of mass in our bubble). It could include giant, massive structures much larger than anything in our own observable universe. These structures are what researchers suspect are tugging on the galaxy clusters, causing the dark flow."</font></font></font></font></p>For all we know there could be many "bubbles" (reference from the article" like our own, containing even more matter then ours. Purhaps theres also more beyond the known universe. Whose to say for sure. Also, what sort of "structures" are they talking about? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I read this article: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/080923-dark-flows.html and thought maybe someone could shed a little light on how big these objects of "matter" are, and how scientists can "conclude" what's beyond the known universe if no one on earth has ever seen it. "In these regions, space-time might be very different, and likely doesn't contain stars and galaxies (which only formed because of the particular density pattern of mass in our bubble). It could include giant, massive structures much larger than anything in our own observable universe. These structures are what researchers suspect are tugging on the galaxy clusters, causing the dark flow."For all we know there could be many "bubbles" (reference from the article" like our own, containing even more matter then ours. Purhaps theres also more beyond the known universe. Whose to say for sure. Also, what sort of "structures" are they talking about? <br /> Posted by xXTheOneRavenXx</DIV></p><p>This article was discussed<strong> in this thread</strong> a few months ago. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

X

xXTheOneRavenXx

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>This article was discussed in this thread a few months ago. <br /> Posted by derekmcd</DIV></p><p>Thank you.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The only one I could find was this one " Dark Energy Found Stifling Growth In Universe. " which really doesn't have anything to do withmy one. <br />Posted by xXTheOneRavenXx</DIV><br /><br />The "in this thread" he provided was a clickable link to the other one.</p><p>Just to make it easier, I have bumped the "Could it be another Universe" thread he was talking about.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.