Name of our Solar System

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

disco277

Hi all... This might be a dumb question, but I've been doing some reading and can't seem to find the answer.<br /><br />So far i get that our solar system in part of the Milky Way galaxy which has a bunch of other solar systems, closest being Alpha Centauri. So what's the name of our Solar System? Sol?

L

larper

The name of our solar system is The Solar System. There is only one Solar System. <br /><br />There are many other planetary systems around other stars, but none of the stars are named Sol. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Vote </font><font color="#3366ff">Libertarian</font></strong></p> </div>

R

rogers_buck

The name of this solar system is "rogers_buck", but I think it is only an alias.

N

nottin

eburacum45 - a few corrections for you.<br /><br />The name of the third planet of the Sol system (the "Earth") is named Tellus. And the "Sun" as most people call it is named Sol. <br />The Moon however doesn't have a formal name, but is sometimes called Luna.

P

paradoxical

We should call our solar system the:<br /><br />Human Federated Space Territory<br /><br />And then declare a spherical zone of territorial autonomy up to 15 light years from the centre of our sun<br /><br />Ok, ok, I watch too much star treck...<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts