Name of the Borg Homeworld ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

Camezotz ?<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Plotzgnurr. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

I recalled the description of the Central Central Intelligence building and realized it might have been the Borg cube prototype . . . <br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Ah, the Blue Cube. I've seen it from a distance.<br /><br />You might be right...it <i>does</i> resemble a Borg cubeship. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

Actually, V'ger wasn't a product of the Borg. They would have just incorporated it into their universal consciousness as a tool. It was a product of a strictly artificial intelligence, not cybernetic. However, that AI could have had some relationship with the Borg in some way I suppose.<br /><br />IMO, the Borg's homeworld would be the "Collective." A group-mind, not a physical location. Voyager discovered the central nexus location of the Borg, but I wouldn't call it a homeworld. Since the Borg are cybernetic and comprise many species, I don't know that they'd have a homeworld strictly speaking. Perhaps the closest that could be defined as one would be the world of the first organisms that became cybernetic and went on a crusade to incorporate the rest of the Universe in their perfect society. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

L

lampblack

Unity.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

F

flynn

Marmite <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

V

vogon13

IIRC, the description of the Central Central Intelligence Agency building in WIT was that it was a huge building, as long and wide as it was high, and that would be a cube, or close.<br /><br />That all the native inhabitants did everything with the same rhythm (recall all the kids bouncing balls and skipping rope to the same cadence), and the schools utilized machines to implant knowledge in students all seem to me to be steps on the way to 'Borgism'.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

In the book <i>Federation</i> (involving the reappearance of the probe that appeared in ST-IV), the probe gave an awfully close description of Borg cube ships to Spock. And it was much earlier than V'Ger (197,000 years ago). And they were as truculent to the Probe then as with anyone now. Unlikely they'd suddenly "fix" V'Ger and then allow it to go merrily on it's way. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

B

bdewoody

I was going to say that. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">Bob DeWoody</font></em> </div>

L

lampblack

<font color="yellow">I was going to say that.</font><br /><br />I <i>would</i> have said that -- if only I were clever or quick enough. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

M

mooware

Name of the Borg homeworld?<br /><br /><br />Smorges?<br /><br /><br /><br />

Y

yevaud

<i>Name of the Borg homeworld? </i><br /><br />North Korea. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

D

docm

In the Star Trek Encyclopedia Roddenberry said the "machine planet" of ST: The Movie was intended to be the Borg home world and source of V'ger, so call it that. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

Really?<br /><br />Wow, very interesting. I had no idea that they actually coupled the two together. I always thought that since the "machine world" was trying to help V'ger fulfill its programming, they were much more benevolent than the Borg and thus, not related. Since the Borg have been around assimilating civilizations for generations, I didn't think even the timelines matched to account for a pre-Borg-Domination homeworld being the "machine world." <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

H

hracctsold

Doc M,<br /><br />I really thought about giving a post and calling it that name, "machine planet", but thot that answer was just being "cute", and decided not to risk any wrath from some posters over it. That was probably where I came up with that name, unless YOU are being "cute" about it. <br /><br />You ever read the book "Probe", it has the story about that sattlelite(?). As I remember it, it was an alright book, but that was a LONG time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts