NASA budget cuts at Mars threaten 'crisis' for Curiosity rover and prolific orbiters

So, once again having spent literally $billions in designing, building, launching and successfully landing the Curiosity rover on Mars and placing the orbiters in successful Martian orbit NASA is having to consider shutting down or reducing the activity of still functioning exploration probes to save a few $million?? "Penny wise and Pound foolish" - once you have expensive working assets in place it's crazy not to maximise their use.

Reactions: biochemguy
This is worse than book burning; "Let's get rid of the data source so no one can get publishable data in the first place."

As Isaac Asimov said; "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

Farcebook continues to be counterintuitive. I carefully added those two ideas to a post and put the web page address of this page between them. Farcebook removed the two sentences when I passed the post on to groups. WTF?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts