NASA Internships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal291

Hello, I am 18 and I live in Virginia. I was wondering about the NASA Internships. I was first told about the program by a NASA employee, but I was not able to make contact after the breif conversation. I know you must by asking why don't I just ask or email NASA but the fact is that I have.<br /><br />I've email NASA COUNTLESS times. It took the NASA worker THREE YEARS to respond, It had the date of my original email in her reply!! I've made several long distance calls only to get busy signals or answering machines which I also have given my info to. <br /><br />My question was just how would I do something like that? I had no idea living in Richmond how close I was to the NASA Langley Research Center. lol. So would I have to go to Florida? Texas? What would I be doing? What would they pay for if anything and would I get accomidated for the standards of living down there? I just really would like some info on this program for a change. I am into Planetary science a lot. I love seeing the different surfaces and weather on other worlds. <br /><br />Does NASA not need people at this time? They do not see very interested at all in workers from my POV. I watch Carl Sagan videos. I have some basic knowledge of who Galileo Galilei, Kepler and A LOT more than most teens my age not to mention my area. I hope I will be successful in contacting them at some point because I'd like to gain further knowledge.. Seriously, my science teacher does not know who Carl Segan is. I hope some one can assist me out of this mind numbing situation.

J

jschaef5

You have to get in contact with the right Human resource people, everyone else probably will just ignore you. My advise is find a NASA center that focuses on what you want to do. Check the internet and try to find a phone number or email to someone in HR at that center, keep emails brief, people don't want to read long messages, especially if they get a lot. I would also advise waiting until at least a sophomore in college. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

fatal291

I've been trying to contact someone for a few years now its just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts