NASA Spacecraft Spies Huge New Storm on Jupiter After Death-Dodging Maneuver

Interesting report and I note this in the report "But it took some fancy flying to make sure Juno survived the experience. The mission team determined that the probe's trajectory would take Juno into Jupiter's shadow for 12 hours on Nov. 3. And that likely would've been a death sentence for the solar-powered probe."

On Mars, last year during the Mars opposition in July 2018, a global dust storm raged. One rover had solar power, the other rover had nuclear power. The nuclear powered rover continued to work :)

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
Interesting report and I note this in the report "But it took some fancy flying to make sure Juno survived the experience. The mission team determined that the probe's trajectory would take Juno into Jupiter's shadow for 12 hours on Nov. 3. And that likely would've been a death sentence for the solar-powered probe."

On Mars, last year during the Mars opposition in July 2018, a global dust storm raged. One rover had solar power, the other rover had nuclear power. The nuclear powered rover continued to work :)
We are hip to your not-so-subtle anti-solar political dig, except that solar-powered energy applications are different on earth from those in space.

Reactions: rod
Dec 14, 2019
Visit site
Am I the only one to see a person reading in this picture? Well, doing my MSc in Space Physiology currently and maybe just studying too hard! Still, I'm calling him/her The Student of Jupiter and it's going on my wall! :)

Dec 14, 2019
Visit site
Nice bit of "flying gang" not too much different than trying to put a multi million dollar aircraft down on a pitching and rolling flight deck of a carrier.

Latest posts