NASA weighs potential impacts of helium leaks and more on Boeing's Starliner astronaut test flight

This article makes it seem like the issues with the helium pressurization system leaks and the thruster malfunctions are not related to each other.

But, my understanding is that the helium pressure is necessary for the operation of the thrusters.

So, were there other issues that caused the thruster problems that are independent of the helium leaks?

Reactions: Gieckboy
Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
2 words: spray foam. What?! You forgot to stop by home depot on the way?!
Oh man - just trying imagine how that stuff would behave in microgravity and reduced atmospheric pressure. “Now 10x more expansion and 20x the noxious fumes!”

When I was 12 me and some friends found a case of that stuff (Dad was a GC) and got in a “silly string” fight with it.

That’s definitely a mistake you only make once.

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
This article makes it seem like the issues with the helium pressurization system leaks and the thruster malfunctions are not related to each other.

But, my understanding is that the helium pressure is necessary for the operation of the thrusters.

So, were there other issues that caused the thruster problems that are independent of the helium leaks?
I thought the same - that the compressed Helium was the propellant for the RCS thrusters and therefore issues were connected.

Regardless - I’m going to book my flights based on plane manufacturer until they get some new execs over there . Unfortunately not a lot of Airbus or Bombadiers flying U.S. cross-country ATM.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts