NASA'S NEW MISSION: BEFRIEND MUSLIM WORLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

How does this fit in SB&T ? I would suggest Free Space or Politics.

And next time, please some other source than fox. There are other, really.

F

Floridian

EarthlingX":3i2phdmz said:

I guess NASA isn't involved in space business and technology.

And next time he can quote what he wants to, if you think the information isn't factual then call him on it.

E

EarthlingX

Factual and politics ? Tricky ..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e857ZcuIfnI[/youtube]

D

dryson

Now I know who pushed for the Constellation Program to be cancelled. Landing on an asteroid will not accomplish any real feate of being nothing more than saying "See we landed on an asteroid what have you done?" I can't wait until Bolden is replaced with someone who is more space exploratory savy. Landing on the Moon will prove more than we can do it again but will pave the road to other countries looking up and saying America can do it so can we. After that other nations would come to NASA to train their explorers for the journey to the Moon. Bolden should be teaching Sunday School and not in charge of Nasa Mike Griffin had the right with the last administrations goals. I think that the current administrations goals are getting the troops out of the war which will release billions of dollars to fund projects across the U.S. as well funding projects like lunar and martian colonization. The war in the Middle East has become as media farce and is going to be won by America and it's allies. So there is no need to continue to use vital tax dollars to fund a war that is being fought against no more than 100 Taliban. At least thats what the CIA's estimates the number of enemy combatants at.

R

rcsplinters

I'm nearly speechless and don't know what to make of this. I'm sure we'll get some spin on it, like this part of the world has the money to make manned space flight beyond LEO achievable. However, I think its more likely that we're seeing what the administration really thinks of the manned space flight program when absolutely unrelated matters are dropped onto the NASA radar. I guess I can only say this is really bizarre, almost as bad as the recommendation for an Orion lifeboat. Somebody clearly has a great disdain for our manned spaceflight program.

D

docm

EarthlingX":1ao0e05n said:

It's not just Fox reporting it this way, so that dog won't hunt.

That said - this statement was insulting, embarrassing and just flat dumb.

R

rockett

dryson":2glb09yt said:
Now I know who pushed for the Constellation Program to be cancelled. Landing on an asteroid will not accomplish any real feate of being nothing more than saying "See we landed on an asteroid what have you done?" I can't wait until Bolden is replaced with someone who is more space exploratory savy. Landing on the Moon will prove more than we can do it again but will pave the road to other countries looking up and saying America can do it so can we. After that other nations would come to NASA to train their explorers for the journey to the Moon. Bolden should be teaching Sunday School and not in charge of Nasa Mike Griffin had the right with the last administrations goals. I think that the current administrations goals are getting the troops out of the war which will release billions of dollars to fund projects across the U.S. as well funding projects like lunar and martian colonization. The war in the Middle East has become as media farce and is going to be won by America and it's allies. So there is no need to continue to use vital tax dollars to fund a war that is being fought against no more than 100 Taliban. At least thats what the CIA's estimates the number of enemy combatants at.
Craziest thing I have heard from this administration yet!
"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.
Makes it clear that this administration is bent on FULLY POLITICIZING NASA! Reading the above quote makes it very clear they have no interest in exploration or human space flight in their priorities.

H

hipar

I have no objection to NASA conveying good will around the globe .. I'm not aware it's been delinquent doing so. Transformation of NASA into a faith based organization is carrying that outreach a bit too far.

--- CHAS

P

Polishguy

This was a disgusting bit of spin on Bolden's part. He's trying to disguise the fact that the United States is cutting all plans for space colonization, to disguise it with feel-good words like "international cooperation" and "asteroid threats."

C

Couerl

I feel like Spock when he first touched the Horta.. "The children, the children".. :lol:

C

Couerl

Re: NASA's Foremost mission

I sense a merging in the force. :ugeek:

R

rockett

hipar":2u3o3ale said:
I have no objection to NASA conveying good will around the globe .. I'm not aware it's been delinquent doing so. Transformation of NASA into a faith based organization is carrying that outreach a bit too far.

--- CHAS
I agree. Or IF he's GOING TO, how about Christians, Jewish People, Hindus, Bhuddists, Scientoligists, and all the rest?
Maybe, could it be, true????? :eek:
“The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim,” said Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Nile TV.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...a-muslim-stealth-coup-on-the-white-house.html

E

EarthlingX

mediamatters.org : Yet again, an Obama official says "Muslim," right-wing media freak-out follows
July 06, 2010 9:48 am ET by Julie Millican

During a recent interview on Al Jazeera, NASA administrator Charles Bolden discussed President Obama's efforts to improve Muslim outreach and said that Obama "wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering." Bolden said that this wasn't "a diplomatic anything. What it is is that [Obama is] trying to expand our outreach, so that we can get more people to contribute to the things that we do." Bolden then discussed examples of other countries' valuable contributions to the International Space Station and added: "So it is a matter of trying to reach out to get the best of all worlds, if you will. And there is much to be gained from drawing the contributions that are possible from Muslim nations."

Of course, since an Obama official made completely noncontroversial comments about reaching out to the Muslim world in order to gain contributions to the fields of science and technology, the right-wing media freaked out.

Of course none of these conservatives can come up with a single reason why working with Muslim countries to "get more people to contribute" to advancements in science and technology is a bad thing.

S

sftommy

What is Griffin's perversion here?
Seemed like he was more out of line than Bolden

What Bolden was doing is clear and inclusion has merit

Civilization marches on...

N

nimbus

hipar":g5zs8k5f said:
Transformation of NASA into a faith based organization is carrying that outreach a bit too far.

--- CHAS
Not what was said in even the most exagerated interpretations.

P

Polishguy

sftommy":3qcamepf said:

But that's not what NASA's for! The purpose of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is to expand American presence in space. Not to go on PR tours of Egypt! Let Hillary Clinton do that, but make the NASA administrator actually work to get Americans into space.

R

rcsplinters

sftommy":2alwvtzx said:

Griffin spoke out strongly against this. While his motives could be been part of a vast right wing conspiracy, its entirely more likely that he's questioning this new mission for the organization in which he took great pride and saw as an asset to the United States and America.

As to the questions as to what might be wrong with this, surely there is not a problem putting advanced booster technologies in the hands of Iran, Syria or another such countries which feel nothing but love for all western nations. Its not like they have an active nuclear development program underway. :roll:

This entire mess is just incomprehensible. I used to think the ship just had no captain. Now I think he's been found drilling holes in the bottom of the boat while claiming he's discovered a new source of water.

V

Valcan

Fire him. Thats it thats all to do.

The mission of Nasa is to Support the expanison of the United States and threw it our allies into space and advance science and technology. Its not a political arm of the democratic party or of ANY PARTY. Bolden has crossed the line into a cheerleader for one side. This adversly affects Nasa because it now makes every decision he makes a POLITICAL decision.

He has now done more dammage to Nasa the griffin ever did.

Look aside from that it was a stupid statement. In the middleast only strength and a quick tounge gets you any respect. Trying to suck up to the very people who CREATED AND SPREAD! radical islam is discusting as well as stupid.

As to what the muslim world has given to us sense it became the capital of punishing rape victims and oking sex with 9 yr olds...........? Seriously you tell me bet ya israel has contributed 200 times as much in 40 yrs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

AND no i am not a RIGHT WINGER!!!!! who burns effigies of Obama at night. If you have kept up with my post i generally have been very supportive of Bolden even when most weren't. I have said i dont like Obama but that i wont just snap off and call all he touches &^%$! either. But in this its time for a new nasa administrator one who remembers what its mission is.

M

MeteorWayne

I realize this is by it's very nature a political topic, but let's try and stick to the space aspects as best we can, lest we have to split off part into a thread in the politics forum.

TIA,

MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts