need correct terminology for rooms etc on a shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lzapp

I'm doing some research, and must have the correct terminology for the rooms (is there another word for a room?), openings, etc. <br /><br />A URL or a phone number to a university/astronomy dept, a department at NASA, or something similiar would be most appreciated. <br /><br />Thanks, Linda

V

vogon13

You mean like upper and lower deck, cargo bay, engine compartment ??<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

L

lzapp

yes, but are there more correct/updated terms? And would you know of a site or reference that has a layout with labels? I found one such site, but oddly, only one area has a title.<br />Do you know what/where the "firing room" is? <br />Thanks!<br />Linda

L

lzapp

Thanks so much for your input!<br />Yes, I need the background for a Young Adult SF novel I'm submitting to an agent. The story begins with a trip in a shuttle to another unknown (to us in reality) planet. Different rooms are used, as are locations of equipment, quarters, etc.<br /><br />I don't need lengthy descriptions, but clear and correct. <br /><br />thanks again,<br />Linda

K

kurtwagner

Hi Linda<br />Well, you have come to the right place for help and for getting facts straight for your story. You are to be commended for that. I would strongly urge you to ask for in-depth consultancy on the particulars of your story, especially the notion that the Shuttle is being used for an interplanetary voyage. It's obvious from any of the basic literature on the STS that it can only go into Earth orbit, no further. <br /><br />This isn't to say you can take artist's license in your YA fiction story to jazz things up. But the best fiction usually starts out with careful research.<br /><br />My 2¢ worth<br />Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts