Need Ideas for Screenplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rpriluker

Hi, I'm writing an epic sci fi screenplay involving aliens, government agents, area 51, conspiracies, ufo's, atlantis, time travel and meaning of life stuff; which revolve all around two special twin children, (a boy and a girl, 9 years old). So far, these children have special powers, like manipulating time and super intelligent minds for there age. Right now I am sort of "stuck" on new ideas; so far I am at 250 pages, it's more of a miniseries than a movie because the story will be told in 2 parts. I would greatly appreciate any new concepts or ideas that you the viewers would like to experience in an awesome sci fi journey, which will unlock the secrets of the universe and beyond. Think about it, no need to rush. Thank You for your time.

O

ordinary_guy

Wow. Definitely an epic project...<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>Hi, I'm writing an epic sci fi screenplay involving aliens, government agents, area 51, conspiracies, ufo's, atlantis, time travel and meaning of life stuff; <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />You're cramming a whole lot into a single screen play. Each item you've named could have it's own movie (actually, every item you've named <i>has</i> had it's own movie), so featuring that many things means it's unlikely you'll do any of them justice.<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>screenplay involving aliens, government agents, area 51, conspiracies, ufo's, atlantis, time travel and meaning of life stuff; which revolve all around two special twin children, (a boy and a girl, 9 years old). So far, these children have special powers, like manipulating time and super intelligent minds for there age. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />Kids with powers. Careful, this has been done... about a thousand times before.<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>Right now I am sort of "stuck" on new ideas;<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />Don't quite follow you on this one.<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>so far I am at 250 pages, it's more of a miniseries than a movie because the story will be told in 2 parts.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br />On average, most scripts weigh in at 120 pages... so even if you stopped right where you are right now, you'd still be pushing the limit. Maybe you could think in direction of "trilogy."<br /><br />Miniseries isn't a bad way to go... but note that Spielberg did something that resembles what you're talking about with the SciFi Channel miniseries "Taken."<br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> I would greatly appreciate any new concepts or ideas that you the viewers would like to experience in an awesome sci fi journey, which will unlock the secrets of the universe and beyond.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p style="font:normalnormalnormal12px/normalTimes;margin:0px"><strong>Mere precedent is a dangerous source of authority.</strong></p> <p style="font:normalnormalnormal12px/normalTimes;margin:0px">-Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts