Netflix's 'Space Force' is everything we hoped it would be

May 29, 2020
Visit site
I am struggling to understand how anyone could say this show 'is everything we hoped it would be'. Perhaps my expectations were set too high. With Greg Daniels, Steve Carrell, and John Malkovitch involved combined with the subject I figured there is no way this show isn't just the best thing on Netflix... I was wrong.

The show is insipid, lacks direction, is unfunny, and just left me struggling to stay awake. The General (Carrell) and the chief scientist (Malkovitch) are cardboard, the scenes are mediocre and the jokes just not there. Sorry, but this is not a bad show, but it is definitely 'blah'.

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
I am struggling to understand how anyone could say this show 'is everything we hoped it would be'. Perhaps my expectations were set too high. With Greg Daniels, Steve Carrell, and John Malkovitch involved combined with the subject I figured there is no way this show isn't just the best thing on Netflix... I was wrong.

The show is insipid, lacks direction, is unfunny, and just left me struggling to stay awake. The General (Carrell) and the chief scientist (Malkovitch) are cardboard, the scenes are mediocre and the jokes just not there. Sorry, but this is not a bad show, but it is definitely 'blah'.
I'm not getting this at all. I love the office but this was a very funny show. I do think it is the expectations people have prior to watching that makes them dislike this show. Most critics say it sucks while almost 80 percent of audiences watching it liked it. Really hope there is a second season and Netflix looks at what the audience thought and not the critics.

W

W. Walters

Yeah, we watched three episodes and then called it quits. This show simply does not even come close to delivering on its promise. Too bad, it's a really good premise. I live in the Rocket City (Huntsville, AL) and thought this would be a show I could identify with and laugh, but it's not to be.