New Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZenGalacticore

I'm not sure I like this newly formatted board. What was so wrong with the old one? Many kept complaning about it but I for one never had a problem with it. I kept hearing 'pluck' this and 'pluck' that and how everyone was having log-on problems. I never had a problem. What gives here? Anybody?

Also, I've posted over 1000 times and now it's saying that I have posted 833 times. Did 200 posts get inadvertantly deleted?

N

nec208

ZenGalacticore":259ev8hj said:
I'm not sure I like this newly formatted board. What was so wrong with the old one? Many kept complaning about it but I for one never had a problem with it. I kept hearing 'pluck' this and 'pluck' that and how everyone was having log-on problems. I never had a problem. What gives here? Anybody?

Also, I've posted over 1000 times and now it's saying that I have posted 833 times. Did 200 posts get inadvertantly deleted?

Where is the old message board and what happen to pluck? I had a hard time getting to this message board.

The old links do not work and going to space web site and clicking on community dos not take you to a message board.

N

nec208

Yes what is that tab below? And what does it have do with the message board? I quoted the text below.

Most Popular Articles and Features
NewSpace: The Orbital Industrial Revolution
Private space entrepreneurs risk fortunes and flirt with physical dang...
X PRIZE Space - Incentives to Orbit
The Ansari X PRIZE was just the beginning. Watch milestones from the G...
Most Popular Video

Venus / Moon Conjunction
Animation: The three hours between sunset and moon-set on Friday, Febr...

Play Video

D

doublehelix

nec208":1n0zii8t said:
ZenGalacticore":1n0zii8t said:
Where is the old message board and what happen to pluck? I had a hard time getting to this message board.

If you click on the Community tab, you will the nsee a subnav with a link to the forums.

This is the current message board. We hope you will come to enjoy it!

-dh

M

MeteorWayne

ZenGalacticore":2773ykmm said:

If you have to ask what was wrong with the old one, it is apparent you never read any of the thousands of complaints about it.

And why does losing 200 posts make a difference? Yevaud has lost over 30, 000 in his time here. You don't hear him whining, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MORE THAN HIM RIGHT NOW...HAhAHAHHAhAHhHahaha :evil:

D

drwayne

You need to try and get a little more Renfield in that laugh there....

;)

I like to make fun of myself and say that I have fallen behind people who have been banned
for a year or two.

Wayne

Z

ZenGalacticore

doublehelix":2j3y71md said:
nec208":2j3y71md said:
ZenGalacticore":2j3y71md said:

If you click on the Community tab, you will the nsee a subnav with a link to the forums.

This is the current message board. We hope you will come to enjoy it!

-dh
Unfortunately, you are quoting what Nec said; not what Zen said. It was not my quote.

Z

ZenGalacticore

MeteorWayne":3rbd6m50 said:
ZenGalacticore":3rbd6m50 said:

If you have to ask what was wrong with the old one, it is apparent you never read any of the thousands of complaints about it.

And why does losing 200 posts make a difference? Yevaud has lost over 30, 000 in his time here. You don't hear him whining, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MORE THAN HIM RIGHT NOW...HAhAHAHHAhAHhHahaha :evil:

I read a sample. Didn't have time to read the 'thousands'!
Did I not mention reading multiple posters writing about 'pluck' is bad this, and, 'pluck' is bad that? I think I did. No Wayne, I don't have to ask. I clearly see that many had a serious problem with "The Pluck Software Co."

My point was solely that I never had a problem logging on, posting, or reading the science news..., until yesterday.

B

bearack

I know the board is new....again....but there seems to be still some major issues. Of course yesterday, down nearly all day and then the other issue that is driving me to drink is not being able to enter a thread sometimes. I click the thread and his appears to be loading, but nothing ever happens. This will continue until I leave the forums completely and come back in and then it works for a while but goes back.

This is sure getting aggravating!

D

doublehelix

bearack":1kjmlijr said:
I know the board is new....again....but there seems to be still some major issues. Of course yesterday, down nearly all day and then the other issue that is driving me to drink is not being able to enter a thread sometimes. I click the thread and his appears to be loading, but nothing ever happens. This will continue until I leave the forums completely and come back in and then it works for a while but goes back.

These are all database-based issues we are and have been dealing with. I'm going to forward this variation to the product manager. bearack, check in with me later today and let me know how the forums are operating for you today.

-dh

B

bearack

doublehelix":ugu1e499 said:
bearack":ugu1e499 said:

These are all database-based issues we are and have been dealing with. I'm going to forward this variation to the product manager. bearack, check in with me later today and let me know how the forums are operating for you today.

-dh

Thanks DH. I know you guys are trying your best. It hasn't happened yet today and I'm thinking there might be a correlation with my CPU memory usage. I was running multiple programs the day before yesterday which were eating up many of my CPU resources, which is when this was happening. Granted, I was only having issues with this website, but, at least it could be linked.

D

doublehelix

bearack":18cax5v2 said:
Thanks DH. I know you guys are trying your best. It hasn't happened yet today and I'm thinking there might be a correlation with my CPU memory usage. I was running multiple programs the day before yesterday which were eating up many of my CPU resources, which is when this was happening. Granted, I was only having issues with this website, but, at least it could be linked.

Thanks for the update, bearack! I'll aim to check back in before I leave for the day and see how things are going for you in this respect.

-dh

N

nec208

bearack":2pq4rqf2 said:

The site was very slow and error messages .It seems to be fix now or aleast the problem comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts