New Boeing CEV picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shuttle_rtf

Is that a view from inside a lifting body that is not yet shown? Pretty bad move by Boeing releasing such a crappy pic compared to the coolness that is the LockMart CEV.

L

lycan359

I think the Boeing one looks the pretty cool actually, and much better then the Lockheed Martin one.<br /><br />They are designing spaceships, not airplanes.

M

mattblack

It may be cool, heck sexy even. But when I saw their design I sighed, because a lifting body CEV is a complex, expensive mistake. These people HAVE to let go of spaceplanes!! Let the Rutans etc. of the world build spaceplanes and get Nasa out of the spaceplane business. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

J

jurgens

SWEET THANK YOU NACNUD!!<br /><br />I was looking for that site all day today because I forgot to bookmark it previously, all the CEV final reports are on that site...<br /><br />Ohh boy ohh boy I have a busy night tonight!

J

jurgens

I just realized I already read all of these =(<br /><br />They haven't put the CEV Proposal documents on the NASA website yet I guess... Ohh well.

N

nacnud

Its the archetecture studies, not the cev designs. Sorry if I confused. [sic]

J

jurgens

Yep yep, don't worry, im confusing myself here.<br /><br />I think t/space has a very interesting proposal for the mission, but to me, it seems highly risky compared to the other proposals. The main problem being they need 3 rovers running 24/7 with as of yet untested nuclear reactors to produce the fuel(unless im reading something wrong, or are they planning on using RTGs?) in order for them to get the CEVs off of the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.