New Democratic Congress and the Future of Manned Spaceflight

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oker59

seems to me the hard part to communicate to our political leaders and the non(anti?)scientific community of america is the second law of thermodynamics; first understand it, and then realize that yes it does apply to our human society; the only way to overcome it without destorying the earth is space colonization. And oh yea, don't worry about the novelty of it; realize that this what humanity is all about.

H

halman

MeteorWayne,<br /><br />Well, my letter prints out at less than a page, even in a large font. My problem is that I am trying to convey too many ideas, which is a trap that I fall into on regular basis when discussing off planet exploration. But I am trying to educate as well as inform, which is always a challenge. It is just under 500 words, which is about as long as an editorial in most newspapers. I hope to light a fire, not just to convey what fire is.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> The secret to peace of mind is a short attention span. </div>

H

halman

Nyarlathotep,<br /><br />I know nothing about life in Australia, but I get the impression that things are a bit more laid back, and perhaps more personal, then here in the U. S. I don't have any actual figures, but I believe that most U. S. Congresspeople get several hundred letters a week, unless some special interest group is mounting a campaign. In districts with a hundred thousand or more residents, that is not to hard to conceive. Email is changing that to some degree, but the most successful campaigns have used paper letters. They represent far more work than just zipping off an email message. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> The secret to peace of mind is a short attention span. </div>

P

publiusr

EELVs are4 a RED State deal. Direct Ares I/V have funds that also go to blue states--something to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.