New JPA Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpowell

I just put up a new video on the JP Aerospace website.<br />It shows scenes from 86 development missions in the Airship to Orbit program in just under four minutes.<br /><br />www.jpaerospace.com

S

spacelifejunkie

What's next for JP Aerospace? I just browsed their website and they have a unique idea on space access. What's their timeline for manned travel? How expensive will it be? How do they compete with other aerospace upstarts like Scaled Composites, SpaceDev, SpaceX, Liftport, etc.? How serious does NASA and the aerospace community take this idea? I am just educated enough to understand the principles behind new ideas regarding space travel but not educated enough to critique. I'd love some insight on JP.<br /><br />SLJ

J

josh_simonson

With all the propellers you're building, JP must be close to fielding an airship with station-keeping ability, and perhaps demonstrate the 'dynamic climbing' that you hope will get you to orbit. <br /><br />Will the ion engine test in 6 months involve climbing, or will it be a simple test of the engine in near-vacuum? Did you purchase an existing ion engine or 'roll your own'? Seems you'll need a home-grown engine to get to space, as this application is very different from previous ion engine uses.

J

jpowell

The initial test of the electric engine will be off the shelf. It will mainly be a test of the supporting technology at 100,000 feet. The engine itself won't be the main focus, it will be however the determining factor if we got everything right. If it runs we're good.<br /><br />I just mounted all the blades on the new vehicle tonight. <br />I gotta tell you it looks really cool with the props on.<br /><br />JP <br /><br />ps. we changed our web provider tonight. I'm hopeing there's no interrup, but that's wishful thinking...<br /><br />www.jpaerospace.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts