New Series Caprica Good SyFy or just another soap opera

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdewoody

I watched the pilot and the first episode and I'm still not sure whether I'm going to follow this series. On the one hand it looks like it will fill in the blanks on how the Cylons were created, on the other it looks something like a soap opera delving into religious issues. Anybody else have any comments?

A

Archer17

bdewoody":2hj3gcgm said:
I watched the pilot and the first episode and I'm still not sure whether I'm going to follow this series. On the one hand it looks like it will fill in the blanks on how the Cylons were created, on the other it looks something like a soap opera delving into religious issues. Anybody else have any comments?
I agree with your "soapy" observation and would add ethnic issues along with religion. It's early but I think this spin-off is lame and is geared to those who might not usually watch sci-fi. Anyone who hasn't watched this and is thinking in terms of BSG will probably be dissapointed, at least up to this point. I am.

V

Valcan

BrianBoru":2av3ytua said:
Subliminal doctrine masquerading as entertainment. ;)

Yea the entire reason i stopped watching BSG was because of the preachy crap. Especialy when they started the iraq new caprica comparison.

B

bdewoody

Now it looks like thsi series is turning into an Alien Godfather/Goodfellows spinoff.

J

JasonChapman

I watched the pilot episode, fell asleep, and that's coming from someone who can stay awake to watch Bladerunner.

B

bushwhacker

I've watched the pilot, and 3 episodes so far.
Dont have TV so I have to wait for it to come out on line.
Its not bad per se, but yes its a bit soapy.

J

junkheap

The grandmother scares me. :shock:

Here are a couple of quotes from her in the last episode:

"Tauron children play jacks with the finger bones of children who lose at jacks."

"You get the best things from your enemies, because they're scared of you."

B

bushwhacker

junkheap":2mrfuep0 said:
The grandmother scares me. :shock:

Here are a couple of quotes from her in the last episode:

"Tauron children play jacks with the finger bones of children who lose at jacks."

"You get the best things from your enemies, because they're scared of you."

She reminds me a lot of my Paternal Granma.

B

bdewoody

I think I'm begining to see where they are going with the plot line of this series. The first Cylon has the personality of the inventors rebellious daughter imprinted and is standing there listening to all the hanky panky going on in the inventors home. Sort of like HAL in 2001 having conflicting programming that leads to HAL taking over control of the mission.

S

SpacexULA

I'll take it. At least until Doctor Who comes back on. Nice to have some sci fi in my diet, even if it's the lo cal link like Caprica.

B

bdewoody

This show keeps teetering on the edge of me pulling the plug.

B

bdewoody

Well the first season of Caprica is over. After getting past the fact that this isn't going to be a space flight type sci-fi series I began to get into the theme of the show which is to me the corruption of the AI that was implanted in the cylon robots. In that light it is turning out to be an interesting plot line. I began to think that the interactive cyber world that several of the characters get immersed in may actually be the universe that Battlestar Galactica took place in. Any thoughts there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts