new star trek

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flynn

nah, trek needs a rest.<br /><br />Give it ten years, forget the prequiles. They can be clever but too restrictive.<br /><br />DS9 is far and away the only trek to watch (enterprise had its moments). When it comes back its got to have that hard edge that DS9 had but I think it will have to wait until BSG has had its run because otherwise it would be too simular. It'll have to be a fresh show that really puts its cast in peril every week, so much so you lose and gain characters throughout a 6 - 7 year run. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

L

Leovinus

No. The plot was at first amusing, but it doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.<br /><br />Remember how vastly different things became in "The City on the Edge of Forever"? One person lived who should have died and "poof!" no Federation at all. Given the violent nature of the mirror universe, how many people died who should have lived? Keeping that in mind, how many children were never born who should have lived? Now given all that, what are the odds that there exists a mirror Enterprise with Kirk, Spock, Uhura, McCoy, and the whole rest of the exact same crew? Zero, that's what. The histories would be so different that you'd never have assembled the exact same crew in mirror universes. They wouldn't be mirrors at all. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Y

yevaud

Well, it could work, given an infinite number of alternate universes. But it'd be such a stretch, it'd be hokey... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.