~NEXT GENERATION SPACE PROPULSION/BUSINESS~

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaptChurch

As much that has been speculated about<br />electro-magnetic/gravitational energies that we could<br />use on earth & in space to propel ourselves around, no<br />usable system has been proposed....YET...until now!<br />We could have massive, slow-moving craft in our<br />atmosphere and in space (rockets are deadly), if we<br />learn how to trick our inner solar system's forces<br />["impulse power"], and use them for ALL of mankind's<br />benefit----[So what if it takes us 3+ weeks to get to<br />the Moon, instead of rocketing there in 3 1/2 days; so<br />what??....This isn't a crazy-car, rocket-assisted drag<br />race!! We would have to overrule the<br />Industrial/Military Complex, of course, because they<br />would lose control of us; and they hate change that<br />they don't dictate!]<br />{One extra benefit--- /> Massive earth craft could scoop<br />up enough lake or sea-water to put out a forest fire<br />in minutes; and, earth transportation vehicles--- /><br />instead of polluting internal-combustion equipment<br />that is poisoning our environment & strip-mining the<br />earth, and raising temps everywhere that spawn<br />disasters!}<br />Developing a weak E-M/G force aboard the craft (we can<br />do this now)....AND then --- />broadcast it like a radio<br />signal (digitally), making the earth think the craft<br />is just as large as it it, which is like reversing<br />magnets....the earth pushes back!<br /><br />((I've left out a step so that I'll be hired as the new project's director!))<br /><br />[A small radio station of 50,000 to 100,000 watts has<br />an enormous "footprint", and by broadcasting a "force"<br />signal, the earth pushes us away....or pulls us....<br />and like Tarzan, we "swing" from Moon to Mars/Asteroid<br />Belt on "twisting vines" of E-M/G forces!]<br />All sorts of earthcraft & spacecraft are possible,<br />traveling around our inner solar system, utilizing the<br />Moon/Mars/Asteroid Belt's resources for the benefit of<br />ALL mankind, EQUALLY! [AND, there is plenty there for<br />everyone!]<br />There is no reason NOW that there be any poor or<br />homeless on this planet....many would be in the 'space<br />business' (many going into space to live, or on<br />another celestial body), and there is plenty of wealth<br />for EVERYONE, if we have equality among humans....no<br />greed & no oligarchs/dictators, as we have now<br />planet-wide....especially in the USA!! (See--- />"A<br />homeless solution: IF people care", and "The<br />Declaration of RE-Independence" on<br />http://ChurchCapt.proboards42.com or<br />http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24582&nbsp; or<br />http://CaptChurch.proboards98.com<br />*<br />It's time for a new chapter in humanity's history<br />where we get it right this time!!!<br /><br />~~~"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."<br />Albert Einstein<br />{Science, Philosophy & Religion: A Symposium (1941) ch. 13}~~~<br />[Einstein didn't mean "religious poison", but a real relationship with the Maker of All Things!]<br /><br />My best to all!<br />Jim Sorrell<br />captchurch@yahoo.com<br />Salem, OR<br />USA<br />http://groups.google.com/group/TeenAnswers<br />**<br />****NEWS FLASH****<br />**<br />Mon Aug 6, 9:27 AM ET<br /><br />LONDON (AFP) - Scientists have discovered a ground-breaking way of levitating ultra small objects, which may revolutionise the design of micro-machines, a new report says. <br /><br />Physicists said they can create "incredible levitation effects" by manipulating so-called Casimir force, which normally causes objects to stick together by quantum force.<br /><br />The phenomenon could be used to improve the performances of everyday devices ranging from car airbags to computer chips, say Professor Ulf Leonhardt and Dr Thomas Philbin from Saint Andrews University.<br /><br />Casimir force -- discovered in 1948 and first measured in 1997 -- can be seen in a gecko's ability to stick to a surface with just one toe.<br /><br />Now the British scientists say they can reverse the Casimir force to cause an object to repel rather than attract another in a vacuum.<br /><br />"The Casimir force is the ultimate cause of friction in the nano world, in particular in some micro-electromechanical systems," said Leonhardt, writing in the August issue of New Journal of Physics.<br /><br />"Micro or nano machines could run smoother and with less or no friction at all if one can manipulate the force," he added.<br /><br />And he added: "In order to reduce friction in the nanoworld, turning nature's stickiness into repulsion could be the ultimate remedy. Instead of sticking together, parts of micromachinery would levitate."<br /><br />Leonhardt stressed that the practise is possible only for micro-objects.<br /><br />But he underlined that, although in principle it may one day be possible to levitate humans, that day is a long way off.<br /><br />"At the moment, in practice it is only going to be possible for micro-objects with the current technology, since this quantum force is small and acts only at short ranges," he said.<br /><br />"For now, human levitation remains the subject of cartoons, fairytales and tales of the paranormal."<br /><br />Their research was to be published in the New Journal of Physics. <br />

M

MeteorWayne

<p>This certainly doesn't belong in this forum. I can suggest SPace Business & Technology if they'd have it, but I suspect P or U land would be better.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Welcome to Space.com</p><p>Please look at the titles and goals of all the forums before you decide where to post......</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

michaelmozina

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>This certainly doesn't belong in this forum. I can suggest SPace Business & Technology if they'd have it, but I suspect P or U land would be better.&nbsp;Welcome to Space.comPlease look at the titles and goals of all the forums before you decide where to post...... <br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>I tend to agree with you MW.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Based on the title of the thread, I thought maybe it had something to do with this recent article.</p><p>http://www.space-travel.com/reports/University_Of_Florida_Professor_Designs_Plasma_Propelled_Flying_Saucer_999.html</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> It seems to be a natural consequence of our points of view to assume that the whole of space is filled with electrons and flying electric ions of all kinds. - Kristian Birkeland </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I tend to agree with you MW.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Based on the title of the thread, I thought maybe it had something to do with this recent article.http://www.space-travel.com/reports/University_Of_Florida_Professor_Designs_Plasma_Propelled_Flying_Saucer_999.html <br />Posted by michaelmozina</DIV><br /><br />Turned out not to be the case.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I tend to agree with you MW.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Based on the title of the thread, I thought maybe it had something to do with this recent article.http://www.space-travel.com/reports/University_Of_Florida_Professor_Designs_Plasma_Propelled_Flying_Saucer_999.html <br /> Posted by michaelmozina</DIV></p><p>Interesting article.&nbsp; Sounds similar to <strong>Lightcraft</strong> (youtube video), except it's power supply is onboard.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Interesting article.&nbsp; Sounds similar to Lightcraft (youtube video), except it's power supply is onboard.&nbsp; <br />Posted by derekmcd</DIV></p><p>Here is the paper on the work with the Casimir force.</p><p><br />http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0608115</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p>I think all three are somewhat different in approach. (Ionized Plasma/Laser/Casimir-nanotech)</p><p>But, regardless, the Title was interesting but the OP left something to be desired.&nbsp; It seems almost like I've read it before.. somewhere.. kinda.. probably..&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

A

atpollard

<font size="2"><p>(My first post on Space.com)</p><p>Attempting to draw some meaningful (or at least moderately interesting) discussion from this topic, let&rsquo;s refocus on the &lsquo;meat&rsquo; and discard the &lsquo;dross&rsquo; &ndash; [I like mixed metaphors] &ndash; from the initial post:</p><p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> "We could have massive, slow-moving craft in our atmosphere and in space, and use them for ALL of mankind's benefit. So what if it takes us 3+ weeks to get to the Moon, instead of rocketing there in 3 1/2 days; this isn't a rocket-assisted drag race!</p><p>Massive [alternative propulsion] craft could scoop up enough lake or sea-water to put out a forest fire in minutes and [provide non polluting] transportation vehicles .</p><p>[With alternative propulsion] All sorts of craft are possible, traveling around our inner solar system, utilizing the Moon/Mars/Asteroid Belt's resources for the benefit of ALL mankind.</p><p>It's time for a new chapter in humanity's history where we get it right this time!" </DIV></p><p>I find two worthwhile propositions to discuss from the initial post and the follow-up comments:</p><p><strong>Question 1:</strong> From Earth Orbit, is there any merit in a space transportation system designed to use larger craft and longer travel times over the classic "Buck Rogers" view of interplanetary travel?</p><p><strong>Question 2:</strong> Is there any "alternative propulsion system" (Ionized Plasma/Laser/Casimir-nanotech) that could plausibly lift a craft out of the Earth&rsquo;s gravity well? </p></font>

B

BrianSlee

[QUOTEQuestion 2: Is there any "alternative propulsion system" (Ionized Plasma/Laser/Casimir-nanotech) that could plausibly lift a craft out of the Earth&rsquo;s gravity well? <br />Posted by atpollard[/QUOTE]<br /><br />If you could could get a large craft up above an altitude&nbsp;say 150Km could you use the ionized gas of the atmosphere to some propulsive effect? ION Drive? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>[QUOTEQuestion 2: Is there any "alternative propulsion system" (Ionized Plasma/Laser/Casimir-nanotech) that could plausibly lift a craft out of the Earth&rsquo;s gravity well? Posted by atpollard</DIV>If you could could get a large craft up above an altitude&nbsp;say 150Km could you use the ionized gas of the atmosphere to some propulsive effect? ION Drive? <br />Posted by BrianSlee</DIV></p><p>How ?<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

BrianSlee

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>If you could could get a large craft up above an altitude&nbsp;say 150Km could you use the ionized gas of the atmosphere to some propulsive effect? ION Drive? Posted by BrianSlee</DIV>How ? <br />Posted by DrRocket</DIV><br /><br />Dont have any specific designs but as I understand it generation of the ionized gas accounts for a significant portion of the energy requirement for ion drives.&nbsp; Given the low density of that region of the atmosphere you would have to devize a method that could affect large volumes across very high potentials. Oh and did I mention it would have to be super light.&nbsp; Dont think we have the material to fit the bill but its worth thinking about. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>"I am therefore I think" </p><p>"The only thing "I HAVE TO DO!!" is die, in everything else I have freewill" Brian P. Slee</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts