No Ordinary Family - ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

ABC has picked up superhero series: No Ordinary Family

Cast:

Jim Powell: Michael Chiklis (The Shield, The Commish)
Stephanie Powell: Julie Benz (Dexter)
Daphne Powell: Kay Panabaker (CSI - Catherine Willow's daughter)

Writers: Greg Berlanti (Everwood, Dirty Sexy Money"); Jon Feldman (Roswell)

Synopsis:

The Powells are about to go from ordinary to extraordinary. After 16 years of marriage, Jim and Stephanie’s relationship lacked the spark it once had, and their family life now consists of balancing work and their two children; leaving little time for family bonding.

During a family vacation set up by Jim in an attempt to reconnect, their plane crashes into the Amazon River. But this is where the fun starts for the Powells as they soon discover that something’s not quite right. Each of them now possesses unique and distinct superpowers. But saving and savoring their family life will be equally important as they try to find purpose for their new power and embark on a journey to find out what defines and unifies them. The Powells are a totally relatable family that happens to be a little bit amazing.

L

lildreamer

hmmm sounds like the Incredibles - but with a little licensing creativity going on...

S

StarRider1701

docm":mg5hh4ny said:
ABC has picked up superhero series: No Ordinary Family

During a family vacation set up by Jim in an attempt to reconnect, their plane crashes into the Amazon River. But this is where the fun starts for the Powells as they soon discover that something’s not quite right. Each of them now possesses unique and distinct superpowers. But saving and savoring their family life will be equally important as they try to find purpose for their new power and embark on a journey to find out what defines and unifies them. The Powells are a totally relatable family that happens to be a little bit amazing.

Crashed into the Amazon River and came out with super powers??? Did they get bitten by radioactive pirahna or what?!?

Sounds like an Earthly take on what happened to the Fantastic 4. Most folk with powers were either born that way or been changed by some individual event, usually involving radioactivity or chemical interactions. FF are the only group that I can remember who were changed together. Strangely enough, each had a totally different power... imagine that!

D

doublehelix

Sounds interesting - I'll keep an eye out.

The plane crash reminds me of LOST and the "discovering new powers" reminds me of Heroes.

-dh

D

docm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDukZLfuz0[/youtube]

D

doublehelix

OK, so there has been a campaign on the subways for this show, so that brought it back into my consciousness. The more I think about it, the more excited I am to check out this new show! I will miss LOST a lot, hope this will fill it, at least to some extent.

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts