northern lights seen from where i am in ohio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cpickens89

this has always had me wandering , years back cant remember the year but i do know it was halloween night a group of us were out doing the trick or treat thing this might be 6-7 years ago now but anyway

i looked up at the sky actually had a pretty good view no clouds at all stars filled the sky but i noticed a rather large cloud like area it was a really deep red colour but transparent i see the stars through it

was this the aurous seen up better up north or what was i seeing ? i wasn't sure
i could see them from here i live around columbus if that helps out any :?:

M

MeteorWayne

That's probably what it was. The aurora is not common at our latitude, but it isn't rare eaither.

I may remember the very event you are desribing. Most aurora here are faint green, but that one was the most intense red one I have ever seen. Let my find my copy of athe inetrview I did live with WCBS-AM in New York to get the exact date and see if it makes sense.

Wayne

C

Cpickens89

wow so something might be to this , i'll be looking forword to what you find :) , might turn out that im not that crazy lol

M

MeteorWayne

Cpickens89":3cihlqoq said:
wow so something might be to this , i'll be looking forword to what you find :) , might turn out that im not that crazy lol

You're actually lucky... we just got a new entertainment center so everything is scattered all over the house, but the CD happend to be close to the computer (Where it belongs...I'm shocked!! :eek: ). The date was Oct 30, 2003.

As I said, I have never in my %& years seen such a bright red aurora....it was "LED" red and looked like the woods were on fire. IIRC, it was seen as far south as Texas and Arizona.

C

Cpickens89

6 years ago lol cant believe i remembered it but it was the first and the only time so far that ive seen the lights in person and well it was a beautiful sight

cant really ever forget somthing like that though thanks for clarifying that for me :) i always knew the month and day but never the years lol

i might need to start getting equipment so far all ive ever done is read info and seen pictures but sadly to date thats my really my only expierence with this all course ive always seen meteor showers and comet passes an all but that was right down awsome to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts