Novel propulsion method- flung particle centrifuge

Hi!
I play around with engineering concepts and would like to share. I am untrained, but have worked for 3 years as a technician.
What I thought of this morning seems interesting. I was laughing about my concept of a wheel that goes at light speed. I'll do the figures again, but I think it needs something like 100km diameter and 60,000 rpm- anyway it's such a wild idea for a Guiness Record Winner.
--but then I had a thought(surprisingly enough heh). I have thought of flinging things with such a wheel, like emplace the projectiles as it's spinning and hit it with a platform, you could set 2 projectiles/craft flying in space and the contrivance wouldn't change location/move much.
The aim is space travel with electrical power. Such a launcher could be spun with solar or nuclear and a dyno.
But-here's the idea, it's more feasible somehow imo to do this.
We have a centrifuge that is on a swivel, with a swivel we can steer and brake the craft in which it is situated. Into the centre of the centrifuge diametrical arm is pushed unmelted polycarbonate resin- when the centrifuge arm passes a gap in a stationary ring encircling the arm, resin is centrifugally flung out of the arm. The weight of the arm remains roughly constant because more resin is immediately and concurrently pushed into it. The flung resin would travel outwards down a shaft, and the hit a contact plate. This would provide thrust. The direction which the contact plate faces is 180 degrees from the direction of travel. The resin is then gathered with a vacuum and sent back to the centrifuge arm with a screw/impeller to provide another load of thrust. The ducting system would need to be detangled, but this could be done with slip rings, as resin particles are around 2.5 * 4mm.
I think this would make it possible to not use up mass and travel in a somewhat controlled way in space using a dynamo/electric motor, would it in your opinion?
I hope you like my idea! 8D
No relief to pushing conceptual envelopes dreamers

This post serves as 'Prior Art' patent wise

I am really interested to hear if this would work in your opinion. and if not, where is the flaw/error in mechanics

Heya David,
photon sails do work imo-
but they accelerate very slowly, also light is available to different degrees in the universe,
so a star will start blowing you backwards sometimes.
We could use a very powerful light mounted on our craft?
Something that would be more versatile, and possibly more powerful is an ion thruster.
What's needed there is a very large particle created from electricity, which pours out of our thruster.
Thanks for the reply! --hope to see you around here 8D

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Was aware of the ion and thinking of a hybrid to use one in it's optimum circumstances and the other say up to speed with available more energetic light source(s) Looking forward.

moving forward indeed, efficiency for dynamism is certainly desirable.
I'm not sure that light is best, it's just that it weighs so little
--also I'm not a physicist so don't know the feasibility of a large molecular particle

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Light energy has many forms. Rapid acceleration would be more like gama ray production whereas less excited forms would be for supplemented sustained long distance using available sources if present as well as other pressure gradient differentials.

I think too that maybe some energy form is incremented up to speed slowly, to preserve fuel, and may also be somewhat low in energy- and then, yeah we need some other reactive form to manoeuvre.

Do you think the loss of mass from the centrifuge would cause retro movement? The mass is immediately returned by the resin pump, so/and I can't think entirely whether it causes backwards movement

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
From action/reaction would seem yes., but the centrifuge could reduce or ameliorate. Might need some enrgy input then efficiency of possible alternatives or combos significant.

Hi!
I play around with engineering concepts and would like to share. I am untrained, but have worked for 3 years as a technician.
What I thought of this morning seems interesting. I was laughing about my concept of a wheel that goes at light speed. I'll do the figures again, but I think it needs something like 100km diameter and 60,000 rpm- anyway it's such a wild idea for a Guiness Record Winner.
--but then I had a thought(surprisingly enough heh). I have thought of flinging things with such a wheel, like emplace the projectiles as it's spinning and hit it with a platform, you could set 2 projectiles/craft flying in space and the contrivance wouldn't change location/move much.
The aim is space travel with electrical power. Such a launcher could be spun with solar or nuclear and a dyno.
But-here's the idea, it's more feasible somehow imo to do this.
We have a centrifuge that is on a swivel, with a swivel we can steer and brake the craft in which it is situated. Into the centre of the centrifuge diametrical arm is pushed unmelted polycarbonate resin- when the centrifuge arm passes a gap in a stationary ring encircling the arm, resin is centrifugally flung out of the arm. The weight of the arm remains roughly constant because more resin is immediately and concurrently pushed into it. The flung resin would travel outwards down a shaft, and the hit a contact plate. This would provide thrust. The direction which the contact plate faces is 180 degrees from the direction of travel. The resin is then gathered with a vacuum and sent back to the centrifuge arm with a screw/impeller to provide another load of thrust. The ducting system would need to be detangled, but this could be done with slip rings, as resin particles are around 2.5 * 4mm.
I think this would make it possible to not use up mass and travel in a somewhat controlled way in space using a dynamo/electric motor, would it in your opinion?
I hope you like my idea! 8D
No relief to pushing conceptual envelopes dreamers
the

I am really interested to hear if this would work in your opinion. and if not, where is the flaw/error in mechanics
Something vaguely like this has been proposed by NASA. in NASA's form, it isn't a wheel or anything like that. If you run the calculations, you find that the stresses are far beyond what any material object can withstand.
So they don't use any material object.
But a particle stream can.
It requires a strong magnetic field. You run what is essentially a particle accelerator. Then you push the ring of particles downwards. Slow it then and ship those particles back to the top.
The math says it should work. it has more mass going down than going up. Relativity.
One problem is it would take as much energy as a large city can use to get any measurable thrust.
Another problem is that the amount of thrust you produce is less than a little ion rocket produces.
So NASA just uses little ion rockets.

Reactions: Particle Article
May 8, 2020
Visit site
I want to have long term discussion with people like you because you are certainly on the right track the fire crackers wont cut it. I am sure we all have our personal favourites .so I will share mine with you. my design is for a jump engine. it uses the magnetic resonance existing already in ever area. it is system of magnetic created and them pressurized into a system repulsion . the advantages are the creation of connection allows a force field to be generated around everything in that motion . and the distance gives us a real chance in space to find new worlds and leave the solar system. we need to convince our respected countries to invest in research and development programs that have the potential to be a pay day with an end game of completion.

Reactions: Particle Article
oh!
nice to meet you sunstance
In my blunt unsophisticated approach,
we need to throw some conventional matter,
but we need to catch it too, which runs into Newtonian motion law
-somehow though hehe!
certainly a defence shield, either conventionally strong or from some unknown way
is necessary for near light speed travel

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Thanks I have plans and already I am asking agencies to get on board with this plan. I have extensive knowledge of what makes it work. the effects of Einstein's safe practices and theory, has limited us in many ways . albert did what he was good at , but I find him 2 dimensional but adding the third dimension in writing formulas allowed me to see that frequency modulation is possible as it exists in space already, and the speed of light theory was base don energy as its base point not existing energies' that are unknown with a calculation and applied intelligence towards creating an engineered masterpiece. This game changer will make us able with a"can do "attitude .

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I also like the idea of a void bubble, in practice it is like making a bubble underwater it can travel it is covered it has dampening. it moves very fast and it can be created easily .
However in in gas it is calacuted more time then, in space is is beyond comprehension however.
As technology moves forward , if we could generate a top section on a rocket that merely collects micro bubbles in our environment then theoretically the ship would eventually life of the ground. in space it would have to be the same principle of course the dynamics at the moment don't exist .
However they could. and the engineering is beyond us and the type of mirror material that acts like a bubbles is beyond us. but the principles are sound.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Is your photon thruster not going to get into trouble with perpetual motion situations. If you can carry a thruster it must give enough power to move its own weight. So you put it on a rotor arm, axis of rotor turns and provides energy. No new power is ever needed. Ergo perpetual motion. Just asking :)

Is your photon thruster not going to get into trouble with perpetual motion situations. If you can carry a thruster it must give enough power to move its own weight. So you put it on a rotor arm, axis of rotor turns and provides energy. No new power is ever needed. Ergo perpetual motion. Just asking :)

Perpetual motion machines work fine as long as you ignore the input power and just measure the output. The problem is reaching break-even.

Bob:-
hmm, the earth is in a motion as perpetual as the universe
-to sort of 'proof of concept'
the application to gravity and atmosphere is very difficult it seems
Cat:-
it seems a diode on a battery in space
would accelerate until the battery runs out,
then travel perpetually at that speed perhaps
with solar cells, it would capture energy if exposed to light

if you tried to use the electrical re-gen you would experience loading

LIGHT SPEED DRIVE IDEA:-
-the ion thrusters on 2 arms set spinning
like a helicopter blade, would run out of gas,
unless de-tangled with a 'rotary union',
and re-filled from the hub in the center

...these could be rockets also

the rotary union fuel coupling,
and command gear would need an inverse set of engines.
These could have mechanical advantage,
and be throttled.
They could also be geared to it some possibly

-alternately you could set a huge mass spinning some,
and throttle that

this could accelerate to light speed imo theoretically
-the stresses on the parts would be enormous,
and they would be near impossible to switch out to maintain

Last edited:
addenda (also see above in the prior post from me):-

the rotary union fuel coupling,
and command gear would need an inverse set of engines.
These could have mechanical advantage,
and be throttled.
They could also be geared to it some possibly

-alternately you could set a huge mass spinning some,
and throttle that

Last edited:

Latest posts