Now for something completely different...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cdr6

Favorite OOPS! of TV/ Motion pictures.<br /><br />Example in ST: TOS Kirk and the bad guy are having fisticuffs down in the engine room. Uable to get an advantage over Kirk, the bad guy grabs a tool from a nearby counter....( Illegal use of 20 inch Cresent Wrench by the villian...what's an antique like that doing on a ship with no nuts and bolts holding it together???)<br /><br />Dumb terminology is also fair game...I the original BSG one of the controllers is vectoring Starbuck & company in on the approaching Cylons....("The enemy was just three Microns ahead"...Ok the target is literally right in your lap now what???)<br /><br />There has got to be a bunch of real classics out there.... <br /><br />

T

tom_hobbes

It was the specific lack of an antique technology which always amused me about Star Trek. Seat belts! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#339966"> I wish I could remember<br /> But my selective memory<br /> Won't let me</font><font size="2" color="#99cc00"> </font><font size="3" color="#339966"><font size="2">- </font></font><font size="1" color="#339966">Mark Oliver Everett</font></p><p> </p> </div>

L

Leovinus

The one about TOS that always bothered me was the one where Sulu is forced to freeze on a planet because the transporter split up Kirk into Jeckyl and Hyde. Two solutions immediately come to mind: 1) Shuttlecraft rescue, 2) BEAM DOWN BLANKETS <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

dougdegraw

Actually, in that episode I think they covered those two possibilities. Shuttlecraft couldn't land due to atmospheric conditions and they did beam down blankets, but they weren't too much help.<br /><br />My responses would have been instead of hand phasers waring a few rocks, use ships phasers to heat up a mountain or punch a hole to lava pocket.<br /><br />Beam down an actual shelter with the cargo transporters.<br /><br />Rig a one-person transporter on a shuttlecraft and send it down as far as it could go before beaming to get a better lock. {you know Scotty could have done it.}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts