NROL-32 (Delta 4-Heavy launched on Nov. 21, 2010)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

Re: Nov. 21 Delta 4-Heavy - NROL-32

SDC : Secret U.S. Spy Satellite Launches Into Orbit on Huge Rocket
By Tariq Malik
SPACE.com Managing Editor
posted: 21 November 2010
08:59 pm ET

A huge unmanned rocket carrying a secret new spy satellite for the United States roared into space Sunday (Nov. 21) to deliver what one reconnaissance official has touted as "the largest satellite in the world" into orbit.

The giant booster – a Delta 4 Heavy rocket – blasted off at 5:58 p.m. EST (2258 GMT) from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Base in Florida carrying a classified payload for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office.

B

Boris_Badenov

That triple body configuration just looks muscular. I look forward to a Falcon 9H launch with a BA-330 in the future.

E

EarthlingX

spaceflightnow.com : Launch of the Delta 4-Heavy rocket
Posted: November 22, 2009

The triple-barreled power of America's biggest unmanned rocket, the Delta 4-Heavy, launches a critical satellite for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office from Cape Canaveral's pad 37B on November 21 at 5:58 p.m. EST.

Credit: Pat Corkery/United Launch Alliance
01.jpg

T

trailrider

Oh, WOW! And look at those nice, tight, beautiful shock diamonds in the exhaust! I'll bet that rattled some windows! I was a half-mile from Gus Grissom's Mercury-Redstone and I could feel my sternum vibrating like a tuning fork! What's the thrust of that monster, anyway?

B

bdewoody

Now why can't this system be man rated? Does it accelerate too fast or not have the necessary lifting capability?

S

shuttle_guy

It can and probably will be man rated to fly the Boeing manned capsule.

M

mr_mark

Lockheed Martin has asked for a Delta 4 heavy to be reserved to launch the first Orion test capsule in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts