Nuclear Fussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chanceylo

I am not a scientist by any means, or for that matter informed on any fussion subject matter. I just had a thought that if our model of fussion is the sun, and the sun creates fussion in space. Do we try for fussion in a non gravity environment? I think they have created weightlessness on earth, so why not try and create fussion in a weightless environment. just a thought.

C

chriscdc

First it's fusion. Secondly gravity is insignificant compared to the other forces involved. When an atom is several million degrees then it's moving around so fast that an acceleration of 9.81m/s^2 is close enough to 0 not to worry about. <br /><br />Also this isn't an appropriate forum.

L

lukman

In the sun and star, powerfull gravity is the key for fusion, we cannot create gravity, so fusion on earth will be using tritium and deuterium to create fusion with the help of hundreds of million centigrade of heat and close to absolute zero cold. ummm, something like that, i am not scientist too -) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

larper

We have not created weightlessness on earth. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Vote </font><font color="#3366ff">Libertarian</font></strong></p> </div>

K

Kalstang

chriscdc: <font color="yellow">Secondly gravity is insignificant compared to the other forces involved.</font><br /><br />Actually in the suns gravity plays a very big roll in creating fusion. The more gravity the denser it is, the more fusion happens. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#ffff00"><p><font color="#3366ff">I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer.</font> <br /><font color="#ff0000">"Imagination is more important then Knowledge" ~Albert Einstien~</font> <br /><font color="#cc99ff">Guns dont kill people. People kill people</font>.</p></font><p><font color="#ff6600">Solar System</font></p> </div>

C

chriscdc

Well yes but not for trying to create sustained fusion on earth.

W

willpittenger

Actually, all suns have a LOT of gravity. The core is "weightless", but because there is so much gravity at the surface, everything below that is under a lot of pressure. That is our ONLY roadblock to creating fusion reactors that produce more power than they put consume. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts