Obeying The First Law of Thermodynamics

May 18, 2022
Visit site
The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can not be increased nor destroyed in a closed system such as the universe. Here are my questions:
1. If energy and or mass are sucked into a black hole where does it go?
2. If, like one theory goes, energy and or mass, are sucked into a black hole, go through a worm hole, and are blasted out a white hole, where does the equal amount of energy and or mass come into the universe to keep a constant balance of energy and or mass in the universe?

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can not be increased nor destroyed in a closed system such as the universe. Here are my questions:
Yes, but the 2nd law addresses the waste heat which gets dumped into an open system. That open system is the Universe, so I don't think mainstream science sees the Universe as a closed system, at least not yet.

1. If energy and or mass are sucked into a black hole where does it go?
We don't know, but we can determine that the behavior of objects orbiting the black hole will demonstrate that the mass didn't vanish since the mass of the BH increases when it gobbles mass. Merging blackholes are a good example.

2. If, like one theory goes, energy and or mass, are sucked into a black hole, go through a worm hole, and are blasted out a white hole, where does the equal amount of energy and or mass come into the universe to keep a constant balance of energy and or mass in the universe?
Isn't this just moving mass/energy from one point to another, so there's still balance?

Reactions: billslugg

Latest posts