Official SDC Bug Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

Please post your bug reports here! So far, I've seen elsewhere:

Animated GIF avatars not accepted
Some legit avatar images (correct file format, small enough) are still not able to be uploaded
500 Internal Server Error
No sigs
UCP logging people out
LiveScience forums invisible
petet/silylene issue (I'll investigate this more)
"The join date which is located right under the post count is wrong. Mine and others in this topic say we joined at Tue Nov 30, 1999 5:00 am."
"At least some of the "latest post" dates are wrong in the forum index are wrong. Space Tech & Biz shows last post dated sometime in 2004, when the actual latest post (that you can see once you open the forum) is from a couple of days ago."

If I have missed bugs you've seen and reported in other threads, I apologize. Please list them here. :ugeek:

Please note: the guy in charge of the developers is watching this thread.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

-dh

T

The_Chef

I'm Borisis. No really I am. I just couldn't log on as myself. Even after I deleted all my cookies. I figured if I re registered with this name & my old avatar I'd at least be recognized, but I'd like my old name back (including my post count at over 4100).

N

nimbus

This thread shows 2 posts but only one when you actually open the thread. Or at least, I see only the opening post.

Z

Zipi

Not a bug report, but minor feature request:

Please add DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM:SS date option, since this is the common way to present time here in northern Europe. This should be fairly easy since PHPBB is using php date function to format dates.

Ready date syntax 1: date("d.m.Y H:i:s", $tstamp)
example date: 01.03.2009 14:50:32

Ready date syntax 2: date("j.n.Y H:i:s", $tstamp)
Example date: 1.3.2009 14:50:32

[EDIT]

This is a bug report after all as well as feature request... When I change my date format it won't save the setting.

[/EDIT]

V

vogon13

On "My Page" usage of colored typeface and/or different sized text does not terminate at the end of a displayed post, and subsequent posts and the ads have their text formatted that way too. Makes for a mighty weird looking mess.

(but in the cosmic scheme of things, this is not a huge problem)

V

vogon13

BTW, are we sure the animatroid avatars don't work?

(No editorial comment is implied by my choice, it just fit and worked and did not have jiggly tatas)

M

MeteorWayne

Pinned threads missing
Such as the Spirit, Opportunity, and Cassini threads in M&L
(Unless I just haven;t found them yet...they didn't turn up in a search)

V

vogon13

Search function appears to not work on posts that predate the relaunch.

V

vogon13

Tried posting to an old thread, and then searching for term that appears in old and new posts.

Term only found on new post, so search function does seem to have problem with the old posts.

B

brandbll

My inbox reads "2 new messages" even though i have one message left and it's old and i deleted the other message.

S

silylene

All of my posts under the name 'silylene' have been removed.

Please put them back.

And please give me my screen name 'silylene' back.

thanks!

M

Mee_n_Mac

brandbll":2ox4puxb said:
My inbox reads "2 new messages" even though i have one message left and it's old and i deleted the other message.

I've noted this as well. I'll add that when embedding a link we seem to have no choice but to have the present page replaced with the clicked-on link. Even Pluck gave you the option to open as a new window ... which I prefer. Both of these are minor issues though, waaay behind getting back lost posts and silypetets account back.

B

bobw

Mee_n_Mac":2drte3nc said:
[... I'll add that when embedding a link we seem to have no choice but to have the present page replaced with the clicked-on link. Even Pluck gave you the option to open as a new window ... which I prefer. Both of these are minor issues though, waaay behind getting back lost posts and silypetets account back.

A workaround for that is to right click the link and select open in new tab or window. It takes two clicks but so does left click and back button.

D

doublehelix

petet":2hc1p5p6 said:
All of my posts under the name 'silylene' have been removed.

Please put them back.

And please give me my screen name 'silylene' back.

thanks!

I tried to email you a message at the email account attached to the silylene username, and it bounced back. Can you please email me again silylene/petet, so we can start working on this issue? Thanks! :mrgreen:

-dh

S

Strogg

I have the same exact problem as Borisis. I cannot login ever since. I dug up an old abandoned account from way back and it successfully logged in but as soon as I tried posting here it asked me to login again but wouldn't accept. I then registered a new account earlier today and the same thing happened again. Now tried again with success on another computer. My account is SlyCoopersButt. I even used the forgot password form and it claims the E-mail which belongs to it isn't in record. I'd be very grateful if I could use my account again! Thanks.

T

The_Chef

My account won't stay logged on when I shut off my computer. I have to log on every time I turn it back on.

R

rubicondsrv

The_Chef":3jsktjw8 said:
My account won't stay logged on when I shut off my computer. I have to log on every time I turn it back on.
I have a similar problem

M

Mee_n_Mac

rubicondsrv":2n8trarn said:
The_Chef":2n8trarn said:
I have a similar problem

Same here though it used to work in the past. I note I'm using IE7 and I further note that so long as I leave IE up and running, even if I leave/close the tab for the SDC forums, I can come back and still be logged in. If I close IE I have to re-login.

M

Mee_n_Mac

bobw":8snjtiz8 said:
Mee_n_Mac":8snjtiz8 said:
[... I'll add that when embedding a link we seem to have no choice but to have the present page replaced with the clicked-on link. Even Pluck gave you the option to open as a new window ... which I prefer. Both of these are minor issues though, waaay behind getting back lost posts and silypetets account back.

A workaround for that is to right click the link and select open in new tab or window. It takes two clicks but so does left click and back button.

Thx, I didn't know you could do that. :D

A

adrenalynn

Mee_n_Mac":26jhq5va said:
bobw":26jhq5va said:
Mee_n_Mac":26jhq5va said:

Thx, I didn't know you could do that. :D

Hold down the shift key when you click a link.

N

nimbus

I don't know about Firefox, but I'm pretty sure IE and Opera both open links in new tabs when you click with the scroll wheel button.

T

terranoid

Firefox opens links in a new tab by clicking the scroll wheel/middle button or by holding down the control key and left click.

The comments on the main page are too badly broken, By changing the ordering one can read only the newest or the oldest comment, anything in between is not accessible. Meaning that clicking on a particular page number or next does simply nothing. The default order is newest first, as a result the first comments seem often to come out of the blue because there is no context yet.

A

Anonymous

The_Chef":213slhzj said:
I'm Borisis. No really I am. I just couldn't log on as myself. Even after I deleted all my cookies. I figured if I re registered with this name & my old avatar I'd at least be recognized, but I'd like my old name back (including my post count at over 4100).

Hi Boris. I believe you even if nobody else does. :lol:

Hi DH I'm Smersh and having the same problem. I sent you an email and you very kindly replied but said you were waiting to get all your admin thingies given back to you. When I tried to login with my old Pluck email/password it said "We are sorry. This email and/or password combination does not exist."

I've now created a new account with a new nickname to get in. Would appreciate if you could restore my old handle "Smersh" and my old post count of 2900+ when you get a chance please. :mrgreen:

Thanks very much!

(EDIT) Oh btw I wouldn't let me use the nickame "Smersh" when I created the new account as it said it had already been taken, so it looks like it recognised the name, but not the email / password.

B

brandbll

brandbll":gds9lrn2 said:

Also, someone just sent me a message and it shows up under their name and i received and e-mail notification and all, but it shows no title and there is nothing for me to click on to open the message.

N

nec208

The message board seems to be very slow now and got a error message .

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

It seems to be very slow now doing any thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts