Opening a Parallel Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asriel

Would it be possible to cut through the matter of this world with some kind of anti-matter knife, into a parallel world?

V

vogon13

No, you would just create a very big explosion and reduce youself to a glowing fog of atoms.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

You probably wouldn't care about that after the explosion . . . .<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

S

search

It is believed that anti-matter lost its battle for survival against matter during the Big Bang.<br /><br />Read also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baryogenesis<br /><br />"In particle physics, antimatter extends the concept of the antiparticle to matter, wherin if a particle and its antiparticle come into contact with each other, the two annihilate —that is, they may both be converted into other particles with equal energy in accordance with Einstein's equation E = mc2."<br /><br />So the antimatter knife can only cut through matter as long as long as encounters the same amount of matter during which it would emit gamma ray radiation <br /><br />Health Effects of Gamma Radiation<br /><br />Does the way a person is exposed to gamma or x-rays matter?<br /><br />Both direct (external) and internal exposure to gamma rays or X-rays are of concern. Gamma rays can travel much farther than alpha or beta particles and have enough energy to pass entirely through the body, potentially exposing all organs. A large protion gamma radiation largely passes through the body without interacting with tissue--the body is mostly empty space at the atomic level and gamma rays are vanishingly small in size. By contrast, alpha and beta particles inside the body lose all their energy by colliding with tissue and causing damage. X-rays behave in a similar way, but have slightly lower energy.<br /><br />Gamma rays do not directly ionize atoms in tissue. Instead, they transfer energy to atomic particles such as electrons (which are essentially the same as beta particles). These energized particles then interact with tissue to form ions, in the same way radionuclide-emitted alpha and beta particles would. However, because gamma rays have more penetrating energy than alpha and beta p

A

asriel

But in theory would you be able to cut through to another world with an anti-matter knife of some sort? If you did get the proportions of matter and anti-matter correct and you had protection against gamma rays?

B

Boris_Badenov

As I understand current theories, no. In order to open up other dimensions/universes, you will need to create magnetic fields from 3 times that created by the Earth to 10 times that created by the Sun in an extremely confined area. These same theories also state this method can be used to travel faster than light. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

S

search

First we do not know if there is another universe or parallel universe. Antimatter particle is just some kind of particle which behaves differently and seems to have been present in the primordial universe but then as the universe cooldown it disapeared. Now there is many things that can be created in the confinement of a laboratory which do not correspond to what we normally observe in nature but that does not mean that they belong to a parallel universe. To be able to say that first we will need to observe one parallel universe and we cannot even observe most of our universe. <br /><br />Maybe I will disapoint many but to the extent of my knowledge parallel universes only exist in the formulations of some scientists and in best sellers.<br /><br />Check:<br />http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html<br />and:<br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe_(fiction)

I

imverygood_0000

i really want that we should find that world which is parallel to us but i think it is impossible ,to think of universe like this.Firstly how can we cut space .It is 3 dimensional.And it is impossible to think of going into the hole of space into another universe.

A

alokmohan

Existence of parallell Univese is fiction so far.We hardly know much of our universe.Any way if one catches a worm hole he may travel to other universes.

L

lukman

To be able to see above 3D is not yet available at current technology, not to mention entering the dimension, something like warp, at the moment, not yet possiible. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts