Orbital Sciences Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scottb50

I read this in todays paper and thought I would see a whole lot about it tonight on the forum. Was this not reported anywhere else but here locally?<br /><br />News Update<br /> (photo did not copy) Federal agents leave an Orbital Sciences Corp. building Thursday in Chandler after executing a search warrant at the rocket-manufacturing facility.<br /><br />Toru Kawana Tribune<br /><br />Feds shut down East Valley rocket plant<br />May 26, 2005<br />By Dennis Welch and Ed Taylor<br />Tribune<br />Federal authorities shut down a major defense contractor plant Thursday morning in Chandler, telling workers to go home as agents scoured the facility.<br />Agents with the Defense Criminal Investigative Service were seen at the Orbital Sciences Corp. campus, but it was not known which federal agency served the search warrant.<br /><br />The obscure agency is the investigative arm of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense that investigates terrorism, cybercrimes and technology transfers.<br /><br />Sandy Raynor, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Phoenix, said she could not release any details of the investigation.<br /><br />The Chandler operations are focused on developing and building launch vehicles for the U.S. military, NASA and commercial customers.<br /><br />An Orbital Sciences representative said employees at the corporate office in Dulles, Va., were also asked to leave Thursday morning.<br /><br />Agents descended on the Chandler plant shortly after police were notified of<br />the raid about 7 a.m., said Chandler detective Livi Kacic.<br /><br />Afterward, security guards patrolled the area, turning employees away and advising them not to speak with the media. Employees contacted by the Tribune declined to comment. Employees also were given a toll-free number to call that would inform them when they could return to work.<br /><br />Orbital Sciences Corp. maintains the headquarters of its Launch Systems Group at 3380 S. Price Road, Chandler, where it employs more tha <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

spacester

Scott the Scoopster! Nice job! I too can only wonder where this will lead. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

scottb50

I just wonder if it's like the Rutan/Branson thing, Orbital does business with a lot of companies. Are they trying to stop cooperation by claiming it harms national security? <br /><br />According to today's paper the government refuses to say anything, but there are a lot of secret agencies involved. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

steve82

I lost about 3 thou on their stock after those shenanigans they pulled in '99. They were under investigation then and wound up firing their auditors after their assets were overvalued. A lot of people got screwed.

T

Testing

Wild ass guess here but most likely the result of problems with National Missle Defense program. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts