Orion Expanse vs Epic eyepieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whittier97370

looking to upgrade from plossl eyepieces and was curious if anyone has any experience with either of these. <br /><br />Edit: Forgot to mention, my scope is an Orion skyquest XT6

T

tfwthom

Buy TeleVue. <br /><br />After all you are just going to compare the eyepiece to a TeleVue anyway. Being just as good as a Nagler is nice, but what you are really saying is I wish I had the money to buy a Nagler so instead of saving my money and buying TeleVue I'm going to go cheap and hope it's as good as a Nagler. (and it will not be as good)<br /><br />From the TeleVue website:<br /><br />"Your eyepiece is half the telescope, use the best -- Tele Vue" - said Jack Marling, founder of Lumicon Co. "Fast" telescopes (f/4-f/6) of all types -- refractors, reflectors, Schmidt Newtonians, Mak-Newtonians require the finest eyepieces for sharp, full field viewing. Every Tele Vue eyepiece is personally tested at f/4 by our quality control staff to ensure the sharpest full field possible. It is the nature of optics that being the best in fast scopes also always assures the best performance in "slow" scopes. While every Tele Vue eyepiece type will yield the critical center sharpness so necessary for planetary viewing and splitting double stars, observers get the added bonus of a sharp wide field and comfortable eye relief with the different design models. The Tele Vue Plössls are patented to be sharper over a larger field than any competing brands of Plössls or Orthos. Tele Vue 60° Radians, 68° Panoptics, and 82° Naglers are the eyepieces of choice, along with the 50° Nagler 2mm--4mm and 3mm--6mm zoom, for full field sharpness. The finest performance requires the finest materials such as high index lanthanum and fluorite type glasses, in some cases costing up to 15x more than ordinary glass types. At Tele Vue we ask "how can we make it better", rather than "how can we make it cheaper." We think you'll agree that the views are worth it. <br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts