Patrick Stewart of "Star Trek" receives knighthood

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boris_Badenov

Patrick Stewart of "Star Trek" receives knighthood
Patrick Stewart — "Star Trek: The Next Generation's" Capt Jean-Luc Picard — becomes Sir Patrick in Queen Elizabeth II's New Year honors list, which also includes a knighthood for theater and film director Nicholas Hytner.

"This is an honor that embraces those actors, directors and creative teams who have in these recent years helped fill my life with inspiration, companionship and sheer fun," said 69-year-old Stewart, who recently returned to the British stage following a long career in Hollywood that included playing Professor Charles Xavier in three "X-Men" films.

D

docm

Let's not ignore the other two mentioned in the article: Erich Reich and director Peter Jackson.

Reich deserves recognition for his works and two of my favorite film personalities.

Tonight I'll be raising a shot of Crown Royal Cask No.16 in their honor :)

S

starsinmyeyes44

Patrick Stewart is a multifaceted actor with many roles on stage and screen...I think it's wonderful for him to be recognized in this way.

When TNG first came out, I really did NOT like Stewart's Picard. I was used to Kirk's swashbuckling helmsmanship and thought that Picard was too "thoughtful and caring." But, as I watched each episode, I grew to like Picard. If I had to serve on the Enterprise, I would want Picard to be the captain, not Kirk. Credit Patrick Stewart's impeccable portrayal of the strong, cerebral Jean-Luc Picard.

O

oker59

he's a real intellectual, even if he's not a real scientist; seen him in some science documentaries that I've liked; liked him mostly in Dune; didn't really like Star Trek the next generation; but, if I liked anything from those it was Patrick Stewart; i did like a one or two Star Trek the next generation movies(as oppossed to the t.v. series); i'm not that high on the x-men movies; but what i've seen, I have to admit they are good; maybe some day I'll get around to watching them.

I'm glad that he's been knighted; i know a few others that have been Knighted like John Mayall;

I

ice9

He also played Sejanus in my favorite mini-series, I Claudius.

D

docm

And he portrayed Dr. Armstrong, he who was possessed by Space Girl, AKA Mathilda May, in Lifeforce. Best girl vampire costume in movie history! Take that, Twilight :)

A

a_lost_packet_

docm":1khmzljm said:
..Best girl vampire costume in movie history! Take that, Twilight :)

/Agree

I got in trouble for paying a bit too much attention to her costume when I took my girlfriend to go see that movie. :) Still... it was a good costume...

My favorite Stewart role has to be Gurney from "Dune."

gurney.jpg

Yeah, it wasn't a giant part. But, there was something that simply felt "right" about it. I have yet to see I Claudius in full but, that's one set I plan on buying sometime this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.