Pentagon has 'no credible evidence' of aliens or UFOs that defy physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see the AARO has more than a couple of brain cells to work with.
Everyone has been screaming about these cockpit videos over the last couple of years. Many of them have already been debunked.
I have no problems believing in aliens. I just don't believe they are here, or ever have been.
We all know how long it would take to get here at sub-light speeds. It's highly doubtful anyone has visited us.

Instead of just making a statement, it would certainly be helpful if they would release to a website a report of each sighting with a rundown of the video or other evidence along with the results of the investigation and explanation. Much like the NTSB does as an accident follow up. So that we, too, can follow the reasoning behind it.

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Robin Hanson thinks it will be a couple of hundred million years before "we" (if we or our "progeny" are still around) encounter an extraterrestrial civilization. He's written a paper giving his reasoning.

Leaving aside Hanson, Rare Earth is becoming more and more true as astronomers keep discovering how truly inhospitable to life the universe is. Thousands of exoplanets already discovered, but not one good candidate to host life. There is only one ironclad argument guaranteeing that we are not alone in the universe. Namely, if the universe extends beyond the edge of the observable universe forever, i.e., is infinite, then of necessity there will be ETs somewhere else, but not necessarily within our light cone. All the other arguments are appeals to plausibility or simply wishful thinking.

Many people have written about the supposed fine-tuning of our universe. If any of a number of physical constants had just a slightly different value, the argument goes, our life-hosting universe could not have arisen. Are we really living in the best of all possible worlds, I wonder. Has anyone studied how a universe would have to be constructed to be teeming with life in close proximity to each other? Perhaps we will find out when we build it.

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
In a hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on April 19, the director of the Pentagon's new UFO office shot down hopes that the U.S. government has evidence that aliens have visited Earth.

Pentagon has 'no credible evidence' of aliens or UFOs that defy physics : Read more

Senator Kristen gillibrand raised hell at the Pentagon for still blocking evidence being released to Congress and there will be another hearing next week, and she's mad about the pentagon also blocking funds for the investigation

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
Another cover-up from the Pentagon.
This is exactly what senator Kristen gillibrand said at the hearing today and there will be another hearing about this next week, the pentagon is still blocking evidence to Congress and also withholding the funds for the investigation again for a second year in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
This is exactly what senator Kristen gillibrand said at the hearing today and there will be another hearing about this next week, the pentagon is still blocking evidence to Congress and also withholding the funds for the investigation again for a second year in a row.
And to think we put these treasonous liars and in office 😞

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
Another cover-up from the Pentagon.

Mod Edit - Language
It's always the same there never going to admit that , do people honestly think that we are the only species in the vast emptiness of space the hubble is finding new Galaxies that the scientists haven't found and what about all the documented evidence that has been released well some even Bob pope who worked with the British intelligence said there where unexplained UFO,s out there and these RAF pilots no the difference between balloons and UFO,s the Pentagon will cover up anything nobody tells the truth so I agree with your comment.

Murgatroyd, I would not be giving much credit to Haskins' "model" for the existence of advanced civilizations. It is much to simplified, and does not really have much evidence to support even the parameters that is uses.

I'll discuss just one issue with the model: there is no reason to believe that the conditions needed for an advanced technological species to develop are uniform in their distribution in a galaxy. Stars that are born within a short period (cosmically speaking) in a cluster and disperse from there may very well have similar chemistry, age, etc, and their dispersion might be the necessary factor in their abilities to avoid life-condemning astrophysical events that come too quickly.

So, a competing model could be that there are loose "clusters" of stars with planets developing technological species that could discover each other with much higher probability than Haskins predicts, because they are much less isolated from each other than he assumes. And I really do not believe that we have enough real exoplanet knowledge to even know if we are in such a cluster, because our current exoplant search techniques are not yet giving us a true distribution of the properties of all of the exoplanets in our galactic "neighborhood".

So, as with most models (and modelers), I think Haskins is grossly underestimating the amount of uncertainty in his modeling.

That said, I do not agree that the Pentagon must be covering-up the presence of extraterrestrial alien species here on Earth. In fact, I doubt that they could succeed in doing such a cover-up if the situation arose and they wanted to cover it up.

Our problem may actually soon become the opposite, as our technological "progress" provides "deep fake" capabilities to more people with less honesty. It may not be long before somebody can "fake" a Pentagon spokesman stating that the aliens are here and they want us to do [fill in the blank with all sorts of crackpot agendas].

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Murgatroyd, I would not be giving much credit to Haskins' "model" for the existence of advanced civilizations. It is much to simplified, and does not really have much evidence to support even the parameters that is uses.

I'll discuss just one issue with the model: there is no reason to believe that the conditions needed for an advanced technological species to develop are uniform in their distribution in a galaxy. Stars that are born within a short period (cosmically speaking) in a cluster and disperse from there may very well have similar chemistry, age, etc, and their dispersion might be the necessary factor in their abilities to avoid life-condemning astrophysical events that come too quickly.
Recently I read (someplace I can't remember) that astronomers have identified a number of G-type stars that, like our Sun, were born from the same dust cloud billions of years ago. As near-identical twins of the Sun, they would share the same fortuitous mix of elements that has enabled life on our planet to emerge and flourish. They may also be similarly benign in terms of low variability. Unfortunately all of these stars have already moved far away from us. Too far, probably, for meaningful communication, let alone exchange of diplomatic missions :)

But remember, habitability does not guarantee life emerges, and even when it does, a series of highly improbable accidents must occur for a technological civilization to arise. So while Hanson's argument may be flawed, he could still turn out to be right.

Recently I read (someplace I can't remember) that astronomers have identified a number of G-type stars that, like our Sun, were born from the same dust cloud billions of years ago. As near-identical twins of the Sun, they would share the same fortuitous mix of elements that has enabled life on our planet to emerge and flourish. They may also be similarly benign in terms of low variability. Unfortunately all of these stars have already moved far away from us. Too far, probably, for meaningful communication, let alone exchange of diplomatic missions :)

But remember, habitability does not guarantee life emerges, and even when it does, a series of highly improbable accidents must occur for a technological civilization to arise. So while Hanson's argument may be flawed, he could still turn out to be right.

Not arguing that the net result of Hanson's conjectures can't be right - just arguing that it could also be very wrong. There are some things we just don't know enough about to make predictions with any useful level of certainty - and this is definitely one of those things at this point.

We will learn a lot about life probability when(ever) we get to explore Mars and the icy moons with warm oceans. That will help put some better probabilities on how frequently life originates.

And hopefully we will get better knowledge about the harder-to-detect exoplanet populations at the same time.

Regarding "a series of highly improbable accidents must occur for a technological civilization to arise": That may not be such an improbable evolution. It looks to me like what drove evolution to us here on Earth was a chaotic environment that was best exploited by the most highly adaptable creatures. It amy actually require extiction-level events to drive evolution into technological levels. But, I don't think those events are that uncommon in cosmology. The exact nature and order of those events probably does not need to be anything like the history of Earth to drive evolution toward technology.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
A few thousand years ago Europeans did not come to the Americas. The distances were too vast. We all know how that turned out.
At some point in our own future we will explore our galaxy. It is a galaxy that supports both life and intelligent life. When we discover intelligent lifeforms beyond earth we will find intelligent life that is more advanced and less advanced. At this point we will have achieved the goal of being 'one' as a species. Intelligent life that is less advanced will be socially aggressive and therefore dangerous. We will observe them, making the responsible decision to observe, never giving them that 'smoking gun.'
It is why there are hearings behind closed doors. It is why mainstream scientists do not investigate UFO incidents. It is military controlled.
In the future the military will not be the same as it is now. It will not be a collection of entities protecting specific tribes. This is who we are, at present. The military in the future will have only one responsibility. Did you guess it? Yes, you are correct. Our military (humanity) will have the sole job of exploring space and protecting humanity.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
And to think we put these treasonous liars and in office 😞
It's the Pentagon withholding information, and preventing investigations, not the congressmen, they're trying to force open the pentagon's hand, because they won't allow anyone to see their information, research, or evidence. And are hindering UAP investigations by withholding money Congress alotted them for the research group into UAP preventing them from investigation of Pentagon evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts