Phoenix science results

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solarflare

Meteroidwayne

"MOD HAT ON**

Discussion of moderator actions is not permitted in the forums except in Community Feedback.

You are also free to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page.

MOD HAT OFF**"

Me - I didn't know that so I erased it just like you like it.

No more debate the Supreme Leader has spoken.

M

MeteorWayne

solarflare.

MOD HAT ON**

Discussion of moderator actions is not permitted in the forums except in Community Feedback.

You are also free to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page.

MOD HAT OFF**

Meteor Wayne

M

michaelmozina

solarflare":1b9vo8py said:
If it looks like muck and tracks like muck it must be muck I heard that saying for a long time now, In fact the person who was preaching that fact all these years before the Phoenix Lander was lambasted roasted and fried for suggesting such a stupid idea even when they had verifiable Martian simulation data, now your all excited about something that you and other people here argued against all these years, shame on you.

IMO, you're essentially condemning people for "doing the right thing" now that their opinions have changed due to additional data. That seems somewhat counterproductive IMO. The ability to have a change of scientific heart due to additional data input is a sign of internal strength IMO, not a sign of weakness.

M

MeteorWayne

solarflare":3w2ruuja said:
"Jon wrote - Sticky soil – this was completely unexpected. None of the previous five sites had sticky soil, at most slightly clumpy. However the stickiness was probably due to the present of perchlorate brine films. Perchlorate is highly hydroscopic and depresses the meting point to -70 degrees. It is present in quantities of up to a few percent in all WCL samples."

The mission wasn't a failure the Phoenix Lander people who controlled the media were.

If it looks like muck and tracks like muck it must be muck

Not sure what you are trying to say here, since there were no tracks at the Phoenix site since it was a lander. Nothing there looked like muck. It was also the first time we ever visited anywhere in the polar regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts