platetary alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

isitititis

Where can i find the location of all the planets on any given date past, present or future?

A

adzel_3000

Perhaps this will help...<br /><br />www.heavens-above.com<br /><br />They have an excellent planet summary table. Just provide your location.<br /><br />The site also gives updates on when the ISS will make a visible pass in your local sky. There is also other info about Iridium flares and other satellites. <br /><br />Also, any good astronomy software package will provide ephemerides for past, present, and future (within several centuries, at least).<br /><br />Good luck with your observing and enjoy this excellent site...<br /><br />--A3K

A

alokmohan

Never forget to use star chart.That should reference point for anything you see on sky.

C

CalliArcale

Heavens Above is fantastic. Another site you might want to check is Solar System Live. It's an interactive orrrery. You can set it to see the positions of the planets in the solar system at any time, as seen from a vantage point far above the Sun's north pole. (It also has a custom starchart service called Your Sky, which is a bit more colorful and configurable than Heavens Above, but which lacks artificial satellites.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

A

adzel_3000

<br />Very good! I will look into that.<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />--A3K

Y

yevaud

Also, try purchasing the Audobon Guide to the Night Sky. It's pocket-sized, contains an entire year's worth of stargazing info., plus color plates, and various ephemeri (such as annual meteor showers, facts and statistics about the solar system, etc.). Well worth it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

S

sloracer

Check out Google. Enter Ephemerides, then find the year(s) you want to check out. Some are free, some aren't.

I

isitititis

I remember there is another one very simular to heavens above that is located at Cal tech or JPL, but i cant seem to locate it. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.