Pluto Perspectives, Part 4. Period, a, perihelion, aphehelio

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Sorry for the delay, life intervened.<br /><br />Below are the (now 30) largest objects in the solar system, sorted by Period and "a" (semimajor axis). Since the two are tied together, I decided to include both. Also listed are Perihelion and Aphehelion. This improves the perspective on the Plutinos.<br /><br />I have also included a hypothetical planet "Jake" in response to a question that was asked in Part 3.<br />It is the size of Mercury, in a Plutino (2:3 resonance with Neptune) orbit. It is as large as Mercury, not relavent in this chart, but will show up higher in the Part 1 size chart.<br /><br />I have renamed the ice giants Uranus and Neptune as Blue Giants, since I have not been able to yet find the reference that suggested that name to me.<br /><br />I'll be going back to parts 1-3 to update errors I have found, new size estimates, and these type of changes. I will also improve the readability.<br />To preserve the original messages, I will not edit them, but will add a corrected post.<br /><br />OK here is the list.<br /><br />Object....Class...... Period..(Yr)... a..(AU).. Perihelion .(AU)..Aphehelion (AU)<br /><br />Mercury......... ST....... 0.2...... 0.39...... 0.3...... 0.5...............Inner Planets<br />Venus...... ......LT....... 0.6...... 0.72...... 0.7...... 0.7<br />Earth............. LT....... 1.0...... 1.00...... 1.0...... 1.0<br />Mars........ ......ST....... 1.9...... 1.52...... 1.4...... 1.7<br />-------------------------------------------------<br />4 Vesta......... A........ 3.6...... 2.36...... 2.2...... 2.6....Asteroid Belt<br />1 Ceres... ......A........ 4.6...... 2.77...... 2.5...... 3.0<br />2 Pallas......... A........ 4.6...... 2.77...... 2.1...... 3.4<br />----------------------------------------------------<br />Jupiter..... ......GG....... 11.9.... 5.20...... 5.0...... 5.5.............Outer Planets<br />Saturn........... GG....... 29.7.... 9.54...... 9.0...... 10.0<br />Uranus.......... BG....... 83.8.... 19.19.... 18.3.... 20.1<br />Neptune........ BG <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Nice Link, Kevin, thanks!<br />So far I have concentrated on larger objects.<br /><br />Now I'm working on Plutinos, so that will help. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

{bump}<br /><br />New data arriving <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

G

green_meklar

Uh...are you sure 'blue giants' is a better name for Uranus and Neptune than 'ice giants'? Someone might get them mixed up with blue giant stars... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>________________</p><p>Repent! Repent! The technological singularity is coming!</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Well that's a good point. <br />However, like I said, the name was just to differentiate them from Jupiter and Saturn. I'm not proposing it as a real moniker.<br />I got yelled at for using Ice Giants earlier, and was unable to find the reference that planted that idea in my head. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.