Post count

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

datalor

I have not been here in a while and it seems my post count has been reduced to 110. Is there another thread running that someone could direct me to to find out why, or just tell me why?

Edit to add: Where is my avatar? I was a cicada, now I am blank. Meteor Wayne, help! Wheeeeooooooo, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooo!

M

MeteorWayne

datalor,
As the tradeoff between getting rid of Pluck, and having a few things screwed up, yes post counts have been messed up, and as you will notice, my avatar is gone as well. IMHO, it's well worth it to get a functional system.

When I have some time to get a new avator for myself, I will look at getting on of yours that will fit in the restricted space here.

I hear ya...WEEEEOOOOOOOO WEEOOOOO :) :)

C

centsworth_II

At least the post counts are (apparently) in the right ball park. What about the grossly inaccurate "joined" date? Does no one find it embarrassing that a "science" site has these persistent inaccuracies in almost every member profile?

S

silylene

I'd be happy to simply get my moniker, 'silylene', back. It has been about 3-4 months now, identified as a database corruption issue, however still not fixed.

D

drwayne

Actually, in certain circles, having "lost" post totals is something of a status symbol.
Being able to remember each of the times that you lost post totals is even more
impressive.

Big ;)

Wayne

A

abq_farside

I lost 3589 this last migration.
I lost 512 during a SDC crash.

But who is counting. :)

D

doublehelix

petet":12b1zr7j said:
I'd be happy to simply get my moniker, 'silylene', back. It has been about 3-4 months now, identified as a database corruption issue, however still not fixed.

Petet, I can actually switch your usernames, if you would like silylene applied to your active account (petet). Or, I could do "silylene old" to the original silylene account and "silylene" to the petet account, or something like that. Either respond here or send me an email and let me know.

-dh

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":1sdou5p2 said:
my avatar is gone as well.

Wayne and datalor, did your avatars disappear after you uploaded them to the new system, or are you saying they disappeared in the transition between Pluck and the current system?

-dh

D

drwayne

I think my avatar was gone when I got back.

Which was no big deal for me, I was just joking about the post total losses. (~ 7000 this last time)

Wayne

D

datalor

doublehelix":35nqo3jg said:
MeteorWayne":35nqo3jg said:

Wayne and datalor, did your avatars disappear after you uploaded them to the new system, or are you saying they disappeared in the transition between Pluck and the current system?

-dh
In the transition from Pluck, for me.
Edit: Didn't even know Pluck went bye bye, till I came back. A good thing, but supprising. Now found out why my post count got demolished, all posts from open space that didn't transfer. I only had so little posts in real science forums? Dear god that is disturbing!
Hangs head in shame

D

datalor

drwayne":2enx161p said:
Actually, in certain circles, having "lost" post totals is something of a status symbol.
Being able to remember each of the times that you lost post totals is even more
impressive.

Big ;)

Wayne
:D I think I can remember one! But stilll, its a bit of a bummer to see my tiny little post count (the water was cold, it shrunk?)

M

MeteorWayne

doublehelix":11k1o1t3 said:
MeteorWayne":11k1o1t3 said:

-dh

I haven't had time to find some software to get it to a size that will fit. It's too big.

D

doublehelix

I believe avatars were one of the things that did not make it over in the transition.

-dh

A

abq_farside

MeteorWayne":p0xmb5a2 said:
I haven't had time to find some software to get it to a size that will fit. It's too big.

Try PIXresizer. Nice little piece of freeware.

M

MeteorWayne

Thanx, I'll give it a try after the launch. Don't want to muck with my computer till after then :)

S

silylene

doublehelix":2d547adc said:
petet":2d547adc said:

Petet, I can actually switch your usernames, if you would like silylene applied to your active account (petet). Or, I could do "silylene old" to the original silylene account and "silylene" to the petet account, or something like that. Either respond here or send me an email and let me know.

-dh

I would prefer this option: do "silylene old" to the original silylene account and "silylene" to the petet account.

thank you !!

D

doublehelix

centsworth_II":yvhs1nca said:
petet":yvhs1nca said:
... do "silylene old" to the original silylene account ...
Don't you mean "silylene classic"? :lol:

Actually, that is very cool! :mrgreen: :ugeek:

-dh

D

doublehelix

silylene":3emti9c4 said:
I would prefer this option: do "silylene old" to the original silylene account and "silylene" to the petet account.

thank you !!

Done!

M

MeteorWayne

I don't care what they are called, I just want to see the silylene_classic posts come back. There's a lot of good stuff there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS