Problems with Newsletter and Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dingo865

Hi,

I am sorry about having to post this here, but it appears no other forum is devoted to technical problems, and Space.com has failed to respond to every single direct e-mail I have sent about this for the last several weeks, regardless of which department I sent them to.

I had been getting your daily newsletter since 2004 without any problems. Then, about 2 years ago it suddenly stopped - or more precisely, started arriving once every 6 months (!) or so. The last one I received, as a matter of fact, was on 9 March 2009 - and NOTHING since then!

My e-mail address has not changed, but a week or so ago I decided to register for it again, this time with a different e-mail address - yet NOTHING has been received to the new address either. Yes, I keep an eye on my junk and spam folders, but nothing from Space.com EVER appears there.

I greatly value your work, and greatly value this site. I cannot help but wonder, however, how much you care about your audience if you cannot even maintain SOME kind of communication with the members, and could not care less about the e-mails you received - or, alternatively, are not even aware to such e-mails, even though they had been sent to the very addresses you specified on your own website?

Honestly, how complicated is it to ensure that someone who has registered would actually get what he registered for?

With all due respect,

- Robert

D

doublehelix

Hi dingo865, I moved this to the Talkback forum, because it seems more appropriate there (the other forum is very narrow in its focus.

Thanks for writing with your concerns - I can understand your frustration.

I took a look in our email boxes that would have received your email, and nothing including your email address was found, so I'm guessing your emails never arrived. That would explain why you've not received a response from us.

The database with the newsletter information in it is currently offline, so I can't take a look just now. I am hopeful that it will be back on line sooner than later. When I do have access to it, I'll definitely take a look and do some troubleshooting.

If you have a question, you can always contact me here via PM, or at community@techmedianetwork.com.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! I'll devote some time to it just as soon as I can get access to your info.

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS