Public Affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chriscdc

I don't want this to descend into a political flame war, but what does public affairs actually do at Nasa? <br /><br />Is it just me or do they appear to be the most uncreative people on the planet, but I may just be under the delusion that they are meant to promote nasa.

C

CalliArcale

They're responsible for writing press releases, arranging media events, serving as liasons to the media, running NASA TV, running the NASA websites, serving FOIA requests, publishing data, and being a point of contact for questions. Basically, it's the same job as public affairs officers at most larger corporations or universities. A combination spokesperson/coordinator job. There is creativity involved, but they must avoid becoming too creative; their primary purpose is to be a conduit of accurate information, after all. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.