Recent small Impact ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asymmetrical

Hi all. It's 12/6 and a gorgeous morning for viewing here in Pasadena, CA. Very clear and dark night for once. I love Orion. Anyways. I just caught a tid bit of something happening down Australia way, maybe two weekends ago or so ? Was there a spectacular meteor event or something ?? I just remember coming into the room and seeing this fantastic fireball very very close to impact. And then never heard anymore about it. Is it hush, hush, and authorities are on scene checking things out, did it not quite make it to impact, hoax ? Anyone any info about this. I check out NEO sites regularly and no mention of anything there, so far anyways. + I'm sure NEO certainly would have had this thing listed on thier charts for "future impacts/close fly-bys". It looked pretty substantial. I beleive the size of a basketball maybe ? Thanks

V

vogon13

Aren't too many objects smaller than 1 km across that are tracked.<br /><br />Anything smaller than 100 meters across would be very, very difficult to track (not counting that titanium dioxide covered NEO a few years ago). This object was believed to be in the 1 meter size range.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

M

mpai

I am afraid this link posted harmonicaman does not seem to work. Maybe it was removed by the webmaster.<br /><br />If another link exists, would harmonicaman please post.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Manoj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts