reflective mirror for northern winter *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

Polar bears aren't dying fast enough for you?<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

B

bobw

Do you mean floating in outer space above the north pole? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

bobw

It will fall down. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

It could use similar orbits to the Sirius radio satellites.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

B

bobw

Tropicalzone's mirror isn't in orbit. That's why I asked to make sure. A lot of Russian comm sats use those highly elliptical orbits. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

tropicalzone

well it be in a relitive orbit .it would provide daylight for those place with extrmely short days and then its daylight then it would light up north russia and europe and then back to north canada

This would be nothing short of disastrous!!!<br /><br />Life on Earth has evolved on a planet with one sun. Vogon13 is correct. It would decimate life in the arctic, speed up the thawing process of Arctic ice & completely play havoc with the world's weather.<br /><br />This idea should be binned NOW.<br /><br />Andrew Brown. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080">"I suddenly noticed an anomaly to the left of Io, just off the rim of that world. It was extremely large with respect to the overall size of Io and crescent shaped. It seemed unbelievable that something that big had not been visible before".</font> <em><strong><font color="#000000">Linda Morabito </font></strong><font color="#800000">on discovering that the Jupiter moon Io was volcanically active. Friday 9th March 1979.</font></em></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://www.launchphotography.com/</font><br /><br /><font size="1" color="#000080">http://anthmartian.googlepages.com/thisislandearth</font></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://web.me.com/meridianijournal</font></p> </div>

T

tropicalzone

it would just be refected light i don't think it would have much heating ability. just think in winter in places such as southern canada.even with the sun above horizon the temp is still -15 to as low as -40c i doubt refected like would melt ice if even the real sun can't in winter

You may be right, true the 'real' sun provides little warmth at such high latitudes. However, it would still be a disaster. Life including humans have evolved on a planet with one sun. <br /><br />Constant daylight will destroy the circadian rhythm in all exposed land based life.<br /><br />This idea must never happen. <br /><br />Andrew Brown. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080">"I suddenly noticed an anomaly to the left of Io, just off the rim of that world. It was extremely large with respect to the overall size of Io and crescent shaped. It seemed unbelievable that something that big had not been visible before".</font> <em><strong><font color="#000000">Linda Morabito </font></strong><font color="#800000">on discovering that the Jupiter moon Io was volcanically active. Friday 9th March 1979.</font></em></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://www.launchphotography.com/</font><br /><br /><font size="1" color="#000080">http://anthmartian.googlepages.com/thisislandearth</font></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://web.me.com/meridianijournal</font></p> </div>

J

jschaef5

"Constant daylight will destroy the circadian rhythm"<br /><br />During the summer its near constant daylight at the north pole. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

tropicalzone

relative light it wouldn't melt the ice because its just relected light so don't you worry about the poor polar bears they are in trouble already so whats the difference<br />

T

tropicalzone

but reflected light has only a small percentage of the heat real light has .the moon is relected light yet no one says it contibutes to global warming.i'm sorry about the polar bears i love all creatures but i said that because even with out my so call mirror they are dying!

M

MeteorWayne

But the moon is as black as asphalt, not a mirror. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Depends on what "that much" is.<br /><br />Even one or 2 degrees C could have horrible consequences if it releases more CO2 and Methane, and melts more ice. <br /><br />All of those are feedback loops that if continued can have dire effects. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

tropicalzone

my mirrors would just be a refecting device they would not concentrate sunlight into a point.the purpose is to bring some much needed light to the continuously dark winters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts