Remember me function

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bearack

Not that it's a big deal having to log in every time, but why doesn't SDC forums offer a remember me function so that once I log in on my primary computer, that it just auto logs me in with out having to log in every time I enter the site or open a new window with the site?

Thanks in advance!

M

MeteorWayne

ROFL, in all the dozens of websites I visit I have never seen that "remember me " function work.

Besides, it's probably a bad idea anyway, since if anyone sneaks into your computer, they could pretend to be you.

Once in a while, for fun I click on it on sites I trust, but it has never worked :lol:

S

Smersh

Yes, I've never known those "remember me" thingies on websites to work either.

Whenever I have to log in again at SDC (or anywhere else for that matter where a login is required) my nickname and password are remembered in my browser (in my case, Opera with its "wand" function, or Firefox which has a similar username / password remembering feature.) It still means you have to log in, but saves having to type the details in each time.

B

bearack

MeteorWayne":ytotq0mo said:
ROFL, in all the dozens of websites I visit I have never seen that "remember me " function work.

Besides, it's probably a bad idea anyway, since if anyone sneaks into your computer, they could pretend to be you.

Once in a while, for fun I click on it on sites I trust, but it has never worked :lol:

Oddly, every site I'm associated with has this function available. Even our work Web access (microsoft web email) has this function. This is the only site that does not offer it.

As I said, it's not really a big deal but when you just want to jump in real quick (like at the airport which I am quite a bit) and check things out, it takes a tad more time.

M

Mee_n_Mac

bearack":ci33xy4y said:
MeteorWayne":ci33xy4y said:

Oddly, every site I'm associated with has this function available. Even our work Web access (microsoft web email) has this function. This is the only site that does not offer it.

As I said, it's not really a big deal but when you just want to jump in real quick (like at the airport which I am quite a bit) and check things out, it takes a tad more time.

I'm with you. The other sites I frequent implement this function and it works. I think they are Vbulletin based. In any case that's what the "keep me logged in" box is supposed to do .... but doesn't. Still this forum SW beats the crap out of the prior Pluck SW .... and that's a lot of beating !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.