Renewable Elergy could be obtained...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amshak

Hi guys ,
1]Renewable energy is obtained by Solar Energy , but its not sufficient . So I got an Idea . What if we use the solar Energy to turn a dynomo [Magnet] . By that we could obtain Electricity As much as we get in the Hydro-Electricity .
I think it can be useful in the Space Stations , in our houses or even in the Buildings and apartments . i think this could help in obtaining Electricity.
2] We could also use the Electricity we get from Power Stations to run a Dynamo and we can get loads of Electricity just from Watts of Power . :cool:

M

Mordred

You cannot create energy the amount of energy to run a motor will always be higher than what you generate. To do otherwise would be to create a perpetual motion machine which we all know is impossible

N

neuvik

I think I get the gist of your idea, and it already exists in various forms; such as a parabolic dish focusing on a sterling engine.

solar_stirling.jpg

Although the rest of your "ideas" seem to conflict with known phyiscs.

A

amshak

We have store the Solar Energy in the battery First . There should be enough solar pannels to run the Dynamo . Or to turn the Strong magnet inside the Coil . So Electricty will be produced . I think that produces Electricity that can be used [ atleast for a building ] :cool:

T

theridane

In case you haven't noticed solar panels already produce electricity.

N

neilsox

Re: Renewable Energy could be obtained...

Both large and small installations presently operate successfully of the type the OP suggested. Sometimes they are called concentrating solar. For large and medium size installations, the land can often be used for other purposes and vandals are less of a problem. They are sometimes less costly than just plain photovoltaic panels, but investors are reluctant as cheap, high efficiency photovoltaic panels may be available soon. Also maintenance costs are lower for plain photovoltaic panels, so long term savings are doubtful for concentrating solar. Major breakthroughs for concentrating solar are unlikely as it is mostly mature technology that has been around for a century.
If a battery is used, it typically floats across the power line to smooth out peaks and dips, and to provide a few KWH = kilowatt hours near and after sunset. Neil

T

titospace

In some systems, they use black pipes with mirrors directed to concentrate the suns energy on the pipes, the pipes are filled with a liquid <probably some sort of water> and then it is heated up by the solar energy. The steam then turns turbines which produce energy. I wonder if they have ever used black solar panel wrap around the pipes to utilize the heat and solar panel power in one system for a combined output of power.....

Y

yevaud

As Neuvik said, they already exist. Here's another that's been around fior some time, in Barstow California.

895729_f520.jpg

D

dangineer

Hello all, it's been a while since I last posted but I found this thread interesting. I just did a school project where I learned a little about solar energy. I think it's important to point out that if you want to use the electricity generated from photovoltaic cells to power any other power generator, you would lose efficiency since the other power generator has its own losses that would be added to the panel's losses.

However, utilizing a thermodynamic cycle to use some of the heat energy lost from the photovoltaic cells is not a bad idea. GaAs triple junction cells can have >30% efficiency under concentrated solar energy, and there is quite a bit of heat that escapes. If that heat were used to run a water turbine, then you might gain some additional power. I'm not sure if this is currently being used, though. Most concentrators just reflect the light onto either cells, or heat engines. I don't think both are used, but I might be wrong.

T

theridane

The catch is that a heat exchange system that would collect the trapped heat would be heavier than say just doubling the solar panel area. Plus now you have plumbing and moving parts to deal with. Both are a no-no for spaceflight, might be okay on the ground though.

C

captdude

I read something about using concentrated solar power to liquify a salt compound stored in underground tanks. The liquified salt served as a way to store the energy at a super high temperature that could be utilyzed at night, during cloudy weather, etc. to produce steam to turn a generators turbine.

Status
Not open for further replies.