Reputable online dealers of scopes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdog72

So far the best price I've seen on a 130mm Mak is from Adorama Camera. Are they reputable?

T

tfwthom

Yes, they are reputable.<br /><br />Between this post and your other one......why are you looking at spotting scopes? You said you wanted to move up to a real scope, a spotting scope isn't a real scope, it's more like a pair of binoculars for one eye. It's back to telling you to get a dob, if you want a real scope. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

K

kdog72

Well, thats' true. But someone here also made a good point that the only good scope is the one that you will actually use. A big ol' thing thats' a PITA to get out assembly and setup isn't going to get used. Besides that 130mm Mak isn't no slouch. Lets face it - with the right eyepieces ( it takes the standard 1.25" plossls') - it can get up there in magnification. Even the 90mm Mak will be good for planetary and lunar observing.<br /><br />Its also compact, light and virtually no setup - which means it will get used.

M

MeteorWayne

But that's the thing about a dob. A nice 6 inch is easy to set up (ummm, like 10 minutes even if you have to collimate it) and ready for use as soon as the mirror and tube cool down. <br />Procedure: Place on ground. (witha six inch you can carry the scope in the mount)<br />And it's not that big, and easy job for one person. My 8 inch only needs to be collimated if it's been transported. When around the house, where I've kept it upright, I'll plop it on the lawn around sunset and be ready to go when it's dark. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts