RIP Stanislaw Lem

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

summoner

S

serak_the_preparer

Very sad news. One of science fiction's brightest lights, gone out. An amazing mind with a unique perspective. Of the writers I read, one of my favorites. Very sorry to read this.<br /><br />For anyone curious, Lem's site:<br /><br />Stanislaw Lem on the Web

M

mattblack

Ditto. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

S

serak_the_preparer

The BBC's article:<br /><br />Solaris author Stanislaw Lem dies (BBC)<br /><br /><i>Polish author Stanislaw Lem, most famous for science fiction works including Solaris, has died aged 84, after suffering from heart disease.<br /> <br />He sold more than 27 million copies of his works, translated into about 40 languages, and a number were filmed. <br /><br />His 1961 novel Solaris was made into a movie by Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky in 1971 and again by American Steven Soderbergh in 2002...</i>

S

specfiction

Let me suggest Lem's books; His Master's Voice, and Fiasco. Reading his work, and supporting authors writing relevant SF, will ensure his vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts