Roving Mars: The new IMAX Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

explorer11

I just got back from seeing the new IMAX movie, Roving Mars, about Spirit and Opportunity and their quest to explore Mars. The movie was produced by Lockheed Martin and created by Disney. I thought that, overall, it was a decent depiction of the missions. It didn't go into great scientific detail about anything, but it covered the basics of the missions: their conception, mission design, launch, and, finally, their journey to and exploration of Mars.<br /><br /> I think, however, the movie was designed to inspire and encourage the general public to become more interested in space, rather than serve as an actual testament to the mission. It was filled with a dramatically intense musical score that held the suspense throughout the film, but no more than the soundtrack to a regular action movie (in my opinion). Also, the film included sound bites of rocket’s exploding and detaching while the spacecraft was in space; sounds which are, as most of us know, impossible to hear because sound cannot travel in space because it’s a…..VACUUM! <br /><br /> But my childish complaints aside, I think Roving Mars is an entertaining film and worth the $8.50 it cost to see it. I did enjoy it and hopefully some of you will get to see it and let me know what you thought of it.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts