Russia wants volunteers for simulated Mars mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PistolPete

Saw this article on SDC today:<br /><br />Shut-Ins Wanted: Russia Seeks Volunteers for Simulated Mars Mission<br /><br />Basically, Russia wants to simulate a full length Mars mission here on Earth like they attempted a few years ago and they are asking for civilian volunteers instead of drawing on the astronaut / cosmonaut pool (perhaps it's cheaper for them).<br /><br />This is probably the closest any of us will ever get to going on a real Mars mission or even going into space. I would love to apply, unfortunately I picked the worst time to go to college / join the National Guard. I can't afford to miss out on school and I doubt the Guard would let me loose for 550 to 700 days without reporting to drill.<br /><br />However if I could, there are a few things that I would want to know like how much would they pay (I don't know of anyone who would work for one to three years for free). And would they pay for my way to Russia (probably not). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

P

PistolPete

Thanks, I knew I couldn't have been the first to post this. I've been sort of out of the loop for the past couple of weeks and am a little behind. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.