Saturn and it's Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dryson

Although this could possibly be placed into the Astronomy section I believe that the topic also relates to Physic's.

We know that the core's of Jupiter and Saturn cannot be active cores like the Earth's or Sun's core. If these two gas giant's cores were active like the core's of the Earth and Sun then the gas would ignite. This must mean that an inert form of energy is present that is creating the centrifugal force at the center of each planet. What could this force actually be then? Could the vortex be a miniature black hole created during the solar system's creation or could the gas giant's core's be something else that was a result of the Big Bang? Both of these ideas could be feasible. The second question could be related to something occuring during the Big Bang that caused atoms to break apart where the neutrons somehow some way remained intact with the electron's and positron's being split away from the atom. This sounds really exciting to think about, a neutron group of non-charged particles being the center of centrifugal force behind the collection of gas that formed into a gas giant.

Another interesting idea would be since the core a gas giant is not active and there is alot gas present, we could theorectically deploy a device to the center of a gas giant and ignite the gas of the planet by creating an explosion that would then feed off of the gas that is contained within the planet's atmosphere.

This type of experiment could lead the way to establishing colonies on planets or satellites orbiting a gas giant where the UV light and heat would cause a reaction between the new sun's energy and the planet or satellite's own ecosphere.

We would be able to create life or the potential for life to exist in an otherwise inhospitable portion of the solar system.

M

MeteorWayne

dryson":2oeltf8l said:
Although this could possibly be placed into the Astronomy section I believe that the topic also relates to Physic's.

We know that the core's of Jupiter and Saturn cannot be active cores like the Earth's or Sun's core.

You've used this term a number of times. Exactly what do you mean by "an active core"?

If these two gas giant's cores were active like the core's of the Earth and Sun then the gas would ignite.

huh? What reading of physic's(sic) do you base that on?

This must mean that an inert form of energy is present that is creating the centrifugal force at the center of each planet.

huh? what reading of physic's(sic) do you base that on?

What could this force actually be then? Could the vortex be a miniature black hole created during the solar system's creation or could the gas giant's core's be something else that was a result of the Big Bang? Both of these ideas could be feasible. The second question could be related to something occuring during the Big Bang that caused atoms to break apart where the neutrons somehow some way remained intact with the electron's and positron's being split away from the atom. This sounds really exciting to think about, a neutron group of non-charged particles being the center of centrifugal force behind the collection of gas that formed into a gas giant.

Huhhhhhhh?

Another interesting idea would be since the core a gas giant is not active and there is alot gas present, we could theorectically deploy a device to the center of a gas giant and ignite the gas of the planet by creating an explosion that would then feed off of the gas that is contained within the planet's atmosphere.

This type of experiment could lead the way to establishing colonies on planets or satellites orbiting a gas giant where the UV light and heat would cause a reaction between the new sun's energy and the planet or satellite's own ecosphere.

We would be able to create life or the potential for life to exist in an otherwise inhospitable portion of the solar system.

I think we're able to create a nonsense thread destined for the Unexplained....

S

Saiph

yeah, i'll stop you really early in your post...the planets atmospheres would not ignite, regardless of the composition and behavior of the core.

Either you're talking about the normal version of 'ignite' where an object rapidly and exothermically reacts with some chemical (usually oxygen)...in which case it won't happen, or it wouldn't matter. Once the reaction starts, the reactive element in the atmosphere would then be used...and the reaction would stop. I.e. the oxygen would be used up and bound up in the 'ash' left over.

Or you're talking about fusion...which wouldn't happen as no gas giant is large enough to sustain a fusion reaction.

So...no problem with ignition, thus you have a false dilema, and no reason to go haring off into wild (and basically erroneous) speculation.

S

Shpaget

Earth's and Sun's cores are nothing alike.
Inert form of energy that forms centrifugal force? When I hear the word "inert" I associate it with chemical stability, so you'll have to elaborate on this one.

You could never make big enough bomb to give birth to a new star, if that's what you're suggesting.
Just one fragment of Shoemaker - Levy comet that struck Jupiter "was estimated to have released an energy equivalent to 6,000,000 megatons of TNT (600 times the world's nuclear arsenal)" as wiki puts it, and all it did was to create few ripples on the surface that soon died out.
If on the other hand you suggest burning (as a chemical reaction with oxygen) of planets, think again. Jupiter has only traces of oxygen, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune not even that.

O

origin

The second question could be related to something occuring during the Big Bang that caused atoms to break apart where the neutrons somehow some way remained intact with the electron's and positron's being split away from the atom. This sounds really exciting to think about, a neutron group of non-charged particles being the center of centrifugal force behind the collection of gas that formed into a gas giant.

You couldn't decide if this should go into Astronomy or Physics. I guess since there is no "Patently Absurd", it is difficult to decide.

Do you really think any of this stuff you are talking about makes any sort of sense at all? Well let me help you out - it does not.

N

neilsox

Saturn and Jupiter's cores are active but not much like Earth's core which is much different than the Sun's core.
Gas does not ignite chemically, except as a reaction between two chemicals, such as methane and free oxygen. Only Earth has significant amounts of free oxygen produced by photo synthesis. No planets have significant amounts of free fluorine or chlorine, to our knowledge. Nuclear ignition began in our Sun 4.6 billion years ago, but never occurred in any planets according to mainstream theory.
I suppose a low mass black hole or two could be near the core center of some or even most planets, but that seems improbable according to present theories about black holes. The only evidence is a tiny amount of heat that reaches the surface of all or most planets from somewhere inside. At least part of this heat is explained by radioactive isotopes, tidal friction, heat that has not escaped yet in 4.6 billion years and shrinking of the planet. Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts